Millennium in Ketchikan

RJ2002

32 minutes ago, njsmom said:

LOL. I dunno, I can't figure out what I like. 

edited: I changed it to my cat's picture. well, one of them. I have several cats. 

I have not figured out what I want to be when I grow up yet.  In fact I have not figured out if I want to grow up ... I'm only 73! 

All cats are evil and should never be trusted.  You think they are napping but in reality they are plotting world domination. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Spurs Fans said:

Thanks!  Hopefully another Duncan or Robinson. 🙂

Robinson, that was about 23 years ago like your inaugural Millennium sailing?

2 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Robinson, that was about 23 years ago like your inaugural Millennium sailing?

Let’s see - Duncan was 98 (I think) and Robinson was in 86 (?).  I know I was at the ceremony when David was introduced to SA fans way back then.  By the way, I’ve met both and they are both just super nice, very humble good men. 

11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I have not figured out what I want to be when I grow up yet.  In fact I have not figured out if I want to grow up ... I'm only 73! 

All cats are evil and should never be trusted.  You think they are napping but in reality they are plotting world domination. 

Ah, but two of mine are Maine Coons. They're very dog-like. I love dogs, too, and when I have them, I have golden retrievers. But at the moment, they've all sadly gone to the rainbow bridge. 

• Like 1

For those that might be interested to learn more about the pod problems that plagued Celebrity's M class ships, here is an interesting, old thread which I found this morning:

The failures were so frequent that I actually kept a spreadsheet to track them all.  I have since lost it (or I can't find it).  However post #78 in the thread does a good job of listing each event--I've included a screenshot of it below. 

In 2003, Celebrity sued the pod manufacturers for $300 million--it was eventually settled out of court.

image.png.7cc8854c8860191bcc0c544d7440a595.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

MAHDNC, thank you for your detective work in finding my old thread from 2013. I see that my memory was foggy in one respect because I really thought we went to icy Strait point but I see in rereading it that we did not.

I was most interested to recall that those were the days when Celebrity cruises posted regularly on Cruise Critic.

We miss that official voice.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

MAHDNC, thank you for your detective work in finding my old thread from 2013. I see that my memory was foggy in one respect because I really thought we went to icy Strait point but I see in rereading it that we did not.

I was most interested to recall that those were the days when Celebrity cruises posted regularly on Cruise Critic.

We miss that official voice.

Your posts in that thread were invaluable and informative.  Post 602 was high praise for you:

image.jpeg.79d092b925664109845246ff2734dd70.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Sigyn said:

@mahdnc I thought you'd want to know I changed my user name for the first time in 14 years. But not my picture. You're not imagining things. 🫠

Lol! Wow! Are you a fugitive perhaps? Or is this a cry for help?

22 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Lol! Wow! Are you a fugitive perhaps? Or is this a cry for help?

Now, for my serious answer. I created that user name when my child was a year old and we were planning our first cruise with him. (What a disaster THAT was! Do NOT cruise with a 21 month old.) I don't identity myself solely as my child's mom anymore, like you do when your kid is that tiny and cannot survive without you. So I decided it was time for a name change. I had to go through tons of names before I found one that wasn't taken by the CC folks already. The goddess who is married to Loki seemed appropriate. 

10 hours ago, Sigyn said:

Now, for my serious answer. I created that user name when my child was a year old and we were planning our first cruise with him. (What a disaster THAT was! Do NOT cruise with a 21 month old.) I don't identity myself solely as my child's mom anymore, like you do when your kid is that tiny and cannot survive without you. So I decided it was time for a name change. I had to go through tons of names before I found one that wasn't taken by the CC folks already. The goddess who is married to Loki seemed appropriate. 

Let's wait and see what your screen name becomes after you are a grandmother.  In the mean time, I am going to have to brush up on my Norse mythology.  

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Let's wait and see what your screen name becomes after you are a grandmother.  In the mean time, I am going to have to brush up on my Norse mythology.  

you're welcome 😂

• Like 1