Security needs to monitor the foul language

BETSY DOLL

10 hours ago, TheMichael said:

I learned to swear in 1971. From the neighbor kids. In Canada.

Boomer here.  I learned in 1968, not from my parents.  In a dorm at UW-Madison.  From other boomers.  Sometimes no other words will do!  But I have always been careful when and where to let loose, which is not in general conversation with others around.  Maybe that is the generational difference.    Since all generations and types take cruises, I have to be prepared for behavior I might not like.  Rather than expecting Carnival to take on the nearly impossible tasks of policing everyone's behavior and language that might bother me, I would ignore them or remove myself from them.  

Edited by Joanne G.
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Joanne G. said:

Boomer here.  I learned in 1968, not from my parents.  In a dorm at UW-Madison.  From other boomers.  Sometimes no other words will do!  But I have always been careful when and where to let loose, which is not in general conversation with others around.  Maybe that is the generational difference.    Since all generations and types take cruises, I have to be prepared for behavior I might not like.  Rather than expecting Carnival to take on the nearly impossible tasks of policing everyone's behavior and language that might bother me, I would ignore them or remove myself from them.  

Well said, expecting them to solve what society cannot is simply untenable

• Like 2