Haven Question on the Escape

MsTabbyKats

We are booked for the 9/3 Escape and I've been offered to bid for an upgrade.

A couple of questions:

DSC...our TA paid our DSC.  Would I have to pay "the difference" (I think Haven is couple of dollars more pp/pd) or the entire amount?

Meals....we were on the MSC Yacht Club recently.  For breakfast and lunch they put out a buffet by the pool.  Do they do this in the Escape, or are the meals limited to the dining room?

Drinks...without a drink package (neither of us drink) is anything included with the meals?  Any cappacino, bottled water?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

DSC...our TA paid our DSC.  Would I have to pay "the difference" (I think Haven is couple of dollars more pp/pd) or the entire amount?

Generally, once your DSC is paid, you are not charged the difference even if you later move up to a stateroom category that has a higher DSC. 

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

For breakfast and lunch they put out a buffet by the pool.  Do they do this in the Escape, or are the meals limited to the dining room?

When you first enter the restaurant, there is a small buffet-like section with "grab and go" items but nothing like the Yacht Club pool deck buffet. It's similar to the "grab and go" section of the Top Sail Lounge on MSC. 

Drinks...without a drink package (neither of us drink) is anything included with the meals?  Any cappacino, bottled water?

The Haven menu has espresso, cappuccino, latte and you won't be charged for those. I've never not had a drink package but if you do order drinks, you will be charged if you do not have a drink package. It isn't like the Yacht Club where drinks are included. With NCL, your card will get swiped at the bar. 

@Two Wheels OnlyHmmm....DH was completely spolled on MSC.  He loved those "personally grilled fish meals" on the pool deck and while he was being healthy, I loved my "personally topped pizza" that was delivered by the butler.

I don't think the Haven, despite higher price, would compare.

We have a nice "corner balcony" booked now....and I love the NCL buffets.

Thanks for the info....I'm gonna stay put.

• Like 1

A couple of questions:

Meals....we were on the MSC Yacht Club recently.  For breakfast and lunch they put out a buffet by the pool.  Do they do this in the Escape, or are the meals limited to the dining room?

Have a Great cruise!

• Like 1

We haven't been on the Escape since 2017, but at that time, when we were sitting by the Haven pool servers came around everyday with a "snack" menu.  They seemed like more than snacks though.  I remember them bring me a chicken caesar wrap and my kids ordered hot dogs. 

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Sailed the Escape a couple months ago...

• They had a breakfast and lunch buffet, I remember breakfast being larger, and it was located in the Haven Restaurant.  If was all grab and go items.
  • We had a cappuccino every morning in the Haven restaurant and often delivered to us poolside if we skipped breakfast.
  • FYI, both lunch and dinner in the Haven was significantly better than anywhere else on ship (we did all the specialty dining but Cagney's).  Lunch was the underrated champ here, get the fish sandwich!

5 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

A couple of questions:

The breakfast buffet on both the Escape and Getaway were small but had a nice selection. They also had a small amount of stuff in the Haven courtyard. My wife and I went to breakfast about 50% of the time while we were in the Haven. The rest of the time I would go to the regular buffet while she was at the gym. The breakfast in the Haven was fantastic, some days I just didn't want to be bothered by the very very talkative  maitre d Lol

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

The breakfast buffet on both the Escape and Getaway were small but had a nice selection. They also had a small amount of stuff in the Haven courtyard. My wife and I went to breakfast about 50% of the time while we were in the Haven. The rest of the time I would go to the regular buffet while she was at the gym. The breakfast in the Haven was fantastic, some days I just didn't want to be bothered by the very very talkative  maitre d Lol

I hadn't heard that the Getaway Haven might have a small lunch buffet?

Do they also have a poolside 'snack' menu?

16 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I hadn't heard that the Getaway Haven might have a small lunch buffet?

Do they also have a poolside 'snack' menu?

For lunch both the Getaway and Escape had small buffet of snacks and finger foods. I don't remember a poolside snack menu but you can order lunch in the Haven courtyard or sundeck

Edited by Laszlo
  • Thanks 1

I've weighed the pros; I've weighed the cons.

I also factored in the "diluted entertainment".  I think "Choir of Man" is the only show and we've seen it twice before (not a fan).

Based on the suggested bid for a "fair chance" of winning an upgrade to a cabin I don't get to pick,  I can't justify the added expense.

Thanks for the input!