Question for CPAP users who have sailed Excel class

We're booked on Jubilee for next March and I'll have my CPAP with me. From the pics/videos I've seen from Mardi Gras and Celebration, it looks as though instead of nightstands next to the bed they have tiny little shelves now. It's hard to judge scale though. I'm just wondering for those of you have brought their CPAP along on either of these ships, did you have any trouble with it fitting on the little shelf? I have an AirSense 11 for reference. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

For comparison, I have Resmed Airsense 10 and it worked on the mini shelf bedside. If you are one that tends to turn and pull take the bench to your side of the bed.  Bring tape to cover the cord on the floor. 

Happy cruising!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruiserNC said:

For comparison, I have Resmed Airsense 10 and it worked on the mini shelf bedside. If you are one that tends to turn and pull take the bench to your side of the bed.  Bring tape to cover the cord on the floor. 

Happy cruising!

Perfect - Just what I needed to know. Thanks a bunch! 

I was on the Dream two weeks ago in an interior room.  The "nightstands" had a lamp affixed to it that was centered and did not move.  I grabbed the small sitting stool from the dresser and placed it up near the nightstand and it worked perfectly for my APAP.

With two machines, I bet the cabin steward can find something that would work as a small stand for the other one.  I had to plug in at the dresser and run the cord up the side of the bed.  I think that's what you'll need to do also.  You'll need a multi-strip power bar and I think you'll need to bring on without a surge protector (ship policy I believe).  

You can plug in both extension cords and maybe ask for some tape to avoid a tripping hazard and/or catching a cord and dragging your APAP/CPAP off its perch.

Best of luck and have fun.

21 hours ago, Rollin Tide said:

Mine was fine on the Mardi Gras.  

Side note, and you probably already know, be sure to ask your room attendant if they can bring you an extension cord, as there was no plug close enough.   

Thank you! And I always bring my own extension cord, and usually run it across the ceiling to the vanity with small magnetic hooks to keep it out of everyone's way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crazy4themouse said:

Thank you! And I always bring my own extension cord, and usually run it across the ceiling to the vanity with small magnetic hooks to keep it out of everyone's way. 

The heck?!?!  How did I never think of that?  

I'm used to tripping over mine, never thought of that.  Thanks!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rollin Tide said:

The heck?!?!  How did I never think of that?  

I'm used to tripping over mine, never thought of that.  Thanks!

They work great for that! I swear those hooks have 1000 uses -- we bring 3 different sizes/weight ratings and they come in handy so much, especially when we do an interior cabin. Love them!

I bought a single European adapter. I unplug one of the lamps behind the head of the bed and plug my machine into the adapter plug in that spot. I lose one lamp but there is no cord strung across the room. The first time I sailed with my CPAP, the room steward brought an extension cord and taped it down.

I remember there being questions before we sailed the Mardi Gras.  Here is what my husband’s CPAP machine looked like along with where he plugged in the extension cord. Only a USB port is next to the bed.

IMG_7977.jpeg

IMG_7978.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 12:05 PM, crazy4themouse said:

We're booked on Jubilee for next March and I'll have my CPAP with me. From the pics/videos I've seen from Mardi Gras and Celebration, it looks as though instead of nightstands next to the bed they have tiny little shelves now. It's hard to judge scale though. I'm just wondering for those of you have brought their CPAP along on either of these ships, did you have any trouble with it fitting on the little shelf? I have an AirSense 11 for reference. 

Thanks!

We are both CPAP users and have been on the Mardi Gras twice and just home from the Celebration. while it was a tight fit ours did work on the lower shelf beside the bed. We ran the extension cord under the bed (easy because they seem to be a little higher) and across to the desk that does have a regular plug. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jdkbrim said:

I remember there being questions before we sailed the Mardi Gras.  Here is what my husband’s CPAP machine looked like along with where he plugged in the extension cord. Only a USB port is next to the bed.

IMG_7977.jpeg

IMG_7978.jpeg

Very helpful to see a pic, thank you!!

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 5/18/2023 at 9:10 AM, crazy4themouse said:

This thread is exactly what I was looking for. Going to be on Jubilee 1/6 and wondered how long the extension cord should be. I was trying to avoid bringing a long heavy duty one for yard use. 

How long do you estimate it needs to be to run it on the celling like you mention? 

Thanks

14 minutes ago, Carguylee said:

This thread is exactly what I was looking for. Going to be on Jubilee 1/6 and wondered how long the extension cord should be. I was trying to avoid bringing a long heavy duty one for yard use. 

How long do you estimate it needs to be to run it on the celling like you mention? 

Thanks

A 12 ft (does not have to be heavy duty) would work, 15 ft optimal.

On 5/19/2023 at 9:00 AM, dbrucern said:

We are both CPAP users and have been on the Mardi Gras twice and just home from the Celebration. while it was a tight fit ours did work on the lower shelf beside the bed. We ran the extension cord under the bed (easy because they seem to be a little higher) and across to the desk that does have a regular plug. 

Others traveling with us both use one as well (just me here), they do what you do but ALSO have a small power strip to allow 2 plugs  to power two devices (cannot have surge protection).  

Edited by jimbo5544