Wine packages

rickpo

Thanks for that. They used to do a package where you could buy 12 bottles of wine.

You received 12 tokens and could exchange them each evening for bottles from a wine menu.

22 minutes ago, rickpo said:

Thanks for that. They used to do a package where you could buy 12 bottles of wine.

You received 12 tokens and could exchange them each evening for bottles from a wine menu.

Yes,they do;. 2 packages Commodores and Captains just off Aurora today, had the Commodore's 12 + 6.

The 12 package was £329.00 and 6 being £175.00

1 hour ago, rickpo said:

I just checked my cruise personaliser for my cruise in July.  Wine packages still mentioned, but no button to click to see details or order.  It was there yesterday, so hoping it will reappear in the next couple of days. 

1 minute ago, Pink-belle said:

I just checked my cruise personaliser for my cruise in July.  Wine packages still mentioned, but no button to click to see details or order.  It was there yesterday, so hoping it will reappear in the next couple of days. 

You purchase the wine  package onboard not from the cruise personaliser beforehand, at least that's what happened 3 weeks ago on Britannia. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

You purchase the wine  package onboard not from the cruise personaliser beforehand, at least that's what happened 3 weeks ago on Britannia. 

It was on the personaliser before the changes with all the details, that information has now gone.  
It may not have had an add button, as to be honest if we are buying it we tend to do so onboard after confirming they have the bottles we would chose available. 

31 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

It was on the personaliser before the changes with all the details, that information has now gone.  
It may not have had an add button, as to be honest if we are buying it we tend to do so onboard after confirming they have the bottles we would chose available. 

We bought it on our April cruise and do intend to do so on our July one.  However you do need to check which wines are available or not.  Discovered on the evening of purchase that at least 3 of the wines were not availble  (two of which were the most expensive ones).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a word of warning.  Count your vouchers when you receive them.  The last package I bought was 12 bottles on the Commodore plan.  The second voucher was missing.  For those who have bought the package will know that one cannot fall out by accident.

I insisted upon and received a new booklet containing 12 vouchers but did not receive a satisfactory explanation as to how it had happened.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scorpio41 said:

We are just back from Aurora. We found a better choice of wine on the Captains package. £245 for 12 bottles.

At £20 a bottle, it compares quite favourably to prices of bottles bought singly, provided the selection of wines that are included are what you want to drink. Checking they are in stock is a good idea though.

We have had wine bottle packages on all our P&O cruises since Oct 21 , they cannot be booked online , I have  had to phone to have them added to the reservation paying  there and then.  In  the cabin on arrival there was a letter to take to the MDR /bar to swap for the voucher booklet . 

In April on Ventura we had a lot of OBC so purchased the 6 bottle Captains club through our waiter on the first night . We like  Silk and Spice which is £28 a bottle so quite a saving by buying the package. 

I also like Silk and Spice but they did not have it the whole week on Iona in February half term cruise. Disappointing as I was really looking forward to drinking this very nice wine again. Excellent advice to check availability prior to purchase. I bought my package before travel but you do not get any discount so probably won’t bother next time.

12 hours ago, Plugtheleak said:

I also like Silk and Spice but they did not have it the whole week on Iona in February half term cruise. Disappointing as I was really looking forward to drinking this very nice wine again. Excellent advice to check availability prior to purchase. I bought my package before travel but you do not get any discount so probably won’t bother next time.

Agree that is a good tip about checking availability before onboard purchase. I will also add if they have the wine of choice  on day one get all your wine at once and store in your cabin until required before they have chance to run out !

We did come across attitude from staff in Glass house on   Ventura ..they seemed to dislike having to get the wine making a big deal about having to fetch it from the MDR and how long it would take to get it. I just smiled and said I was prepared to wait... 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 1:48 PM, pete14 said:

At £20 a bottle, it compares quite favourably to prices of bottles bought singly, provided the selection of wines that are included are what you want to drink. Checking they are in stock is a good idea though.

Also one of the reds was one of the recommended wines on the menu a few times at £28 a bottle.