Pre pay gratuities

highscar

9 minutes ago, highscar said:

Can someone please explain why on navigator the pre pay for 18 days is $374.40.  It  says gratuities are $16.00 per day.  My math says that is total of $288.00.  

Canadian verses USD pricing.

I'm almost positive that the gratuities are $16.50 for non suite and $17.50 for suites.

Yup, I just looked on my recent statement and they were $17.50 for my suite so they are $16.50.  That makes the exchange $1.26.  If you are getting that exchange somewhere please let me know.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

10 minutes ago, highscar said:

On my cruise info for next January via navigator states $16.00. Last January we paid 15.50.    Please don’t think I am arguing.   

Yes, sorry you are right.  Usually they are $1 apart.  Now $1.50.  Still that makes the exchange $1.30.  Still better than I can do.  What is your secret?  Thanks.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I'm thinking the person works in a bank.  I could be 100% wrong on that.

I would think a person who works in a bank would understand that offering the prepaid gratuities at a rate just shy of 77 cents on the dollar to the HAL canadian public is good deal and not be confused by why it is not just on par?

• Like 1

And if you paid in advance HAL starts with a credit of 18 days x US$ 16 on your on board statement, while actually you paid less in US.   At least that's how it was with our prepaid "crew appreciation" in EUro last year and this year. 

Edited by MAVIP

5 minutes ago, highscar said:

Sorry if I seem confused. I presumed the prices listed were all in U.S.  

They quote in US, but then you pay in Canadian$ if you booked in Canadian$ (at a good rate)

Edit: id you Pre-pay

Unfortunately, it only applies to booking, prepaid grats and HIA pricing. Everything else (I believe) is considered "on-board" and is then paid as USD and you are subject to whatever rate you get on your credit card.

Edited by rodndonna
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

They quote in US, but then you pay in Canadian$ if you booked in Canadian$ (at a good rate)

Edit: id you Pre-pay

Unfortunately, it only applies to booking, prepaid grats and HIA pricing. Everything else (I believe) is considered "on-board" and is then paid as USD and you are subject to whatever rate you get on your credit card.

I was shocked when they charged my cabana in cdn for my last cruise.  It gave me a better conversation than I could get.

7 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I was shocked when they charged my cabana in cdn for my last cruise.  It gave me a better conversation than I could get.

Shoot - I thought maybe everything might be that way now - just tried to prebook dining,  but it was in USD right to payment ...🙃

3 hours ago, highscar said:

On my cruise info for next January via navigator states $16.00. Last January we paid 15.50.    Please don’t think I am arguing.   

is it possible they plan to raise the tip again at the end of year?

i had mentioned previously for my 15 day sojourn cruise coming up the prepaid rate was 312AUD per adult. This makes no sense as 16.50 usd x 15 days is 247usd or 372 aud. Even if they removed the first and last days for tips it still works out better value than paying on board in USD

• Like 2