Marriage License If using birth certificate question

ddlb

I have a passport. But there is a big discussion going on in one of the social groups for MSC. I have never heard of this 

What If My Name Has Changed From My Birth Certificate?

If you’ve had a name change (for example, you changed your name once married) to where it doesn’t match your birth certificate, then you will need to also bring along some proof of the name change.

This can be a marriage license (again, the original or a notarized copy is best) or if you’ve had a name change unrelated to marriage, your documents that prove the change. Carnival says plainly on their website “failure to bring documentation bridging the name differences could result in denial of boarding.”

Does MSC require this?  I know my friend used her drivers license and certified birth certificate with no issues. 

It is not MSC that requires this, it is the Immigration officials of the country to which you are returning.

The various cruise lines have the requirement to ensure that all passengers have proper documentation before  boarding a cruise ship.

This requirement is not new. If some one has a US driver's license that meets the "Real ID" conditions for proving birth to current day names used, then the linking documentation has already been provided to receive the Real ID compliant driver's license.

We cruised for many years with a BC, at least 15 cruises.  I know we were asked for the marriage license at least 3 times by Customs including our first cruise after Covid in Miami.  Not sure what would have happened if we said we didn't have it but I'm glad we did.