Livorno to Cinque Terre

cruisetimer2003

Hey everyone

We are on NCL Breakaway August 14-23. One of the ports being Livorno, we are interested in visiting Cinque Terre and Pisa. We have also been to Florence in the past. We have about 12 hours in port. Would love to know the best way to make this happen. Also, if you know a good travel agent who can arrange this, that would be great. Thank you!

2 hours ago, cruisetimer2003 said:

Hey everyone

We are on NCL Breakaway August 14-23. One of the ports being Livorno, we are interested in visiting Cinque Terre and Pisa. We have also been to Florence in the past. We have about 12 hours in port. Would love to know the best way to make this happen. Also, if you know a good travel agent who can arrange this, that would be great. Thank you!

The two worst places you could visit on a cruise tour!  Go to Lucca instead.

7 hours ago, IB2 said:

The two worst places you could visit on a cruise tour!  Go to Lucca instead.

Cinque Terre is on my bucket list. So would love to make it happen. I should've gone when I was in Genoa last year! I am thinking train from Livorno, although longer may be a safer option and avoid the road traffic. 

The only way to accomplish both goals, even with a twelve-hour port day, is with a car service.  The trains are great but there aren't enough of them and they aren't fast enough on this particular route to do everything in one day.

There are several car services highly recommended by folks here who use them.

1 hour ago, mskaufman said:

We went to CT from Livorno and loved it. Not only that but we took the cruise ship tour.  It was somewhat crowded but glad we did it.

IMG_0076a.thumb.jpg.5cb4462941d6bc86eebbb18bb796bb82.jpgIMG_0079.thumb.JPG.d1276670c5762c8af01ecf04718c1e41.JPGIMG_0181.thumb.JPG.b945ac72a51901a97d39206357edddf0.JPG

CT is on my bucket list also.. interested in which ship/tour  did you do?