B2B Ft Laudrdale to San Diego and return but booked as two seperate voyages - Procedure in San Diego question.

Lakesregion

I know because San Diego is a US port, I will have to leave the ship for customs as will all passeners. Will HAL move my luggage betwen cabins if I have two different cabins due to the two bookings or do I have to lug it all off the ship and then lug it all back latter in the day?. 

You don't have to remove your luggage. They will often move your things for you. Ask your room steward. Advance notice to them is best. On some ships you could leave your drawers packed and they'd move the drawers. I don't know if that's still possible, but your room stewards will know the procedure.

• Like 1

You will have to leave the ship due to Immigration procedures, not Customs. It is possible they might do the clearance on board...they did in March of 2022, when we did a B2B out of San Diego.

Your cabin attendants will give you directions on your stuff, if you have to switch cabins. 

In the cabin changes I have done, we have had to pack our drawers, toiletries, etc and the stuff hanging in the closet was just put on their gadget and they moved it all.  On the K, we had to exit the ship, go through the quick check and back on board.

Don’t forget to empty your safety deposit box and keep it with you BTW.  You will get a new key and you’re off to the races.

We did B2B on Koningsdam in San Diego Nov 26 - Dec 10 2022 w/a cabin change. Cabin stewards will move all your stuff and even pack it; although, I prefer to do that myself and let them move it. You do need to do the safe, of course, since they can't get in it. Just tell them if you have anything in the fridge that needs to move and they'll move it. When you leave for breakfast, let them know so they know they can pack/move your stuff.

We picked up our new card before breakfast on turnaround day (they're open 24/7 so no issues getting a key at 6am) - your old one will be scanned for you to leave and new one will be scanned to get back on. You can probably get your new card when you get back, but this makes for smoothest transition. We do this for all B2B when we change cabins.

You will have the option of doing the "kindergarten walk" (all in transit passengers meet, line up single file (lol) and get off, go through customs & get back on together)  or getting off and reboarding later on your own. If you do the latter, you'll need the "in transit" card you got and your new key card. Very easy peasy. 

• Like 1