World America

Ploppers

One of the big drawbacks for inaugural (or even first few) cruises - besides the fact that the crew is still trying to learn the ship and processes - is that there will be dozens of V-Loggers carpeting the ship taking videos of everything.

I'm sure at some point I'll be on the WA as well, but not for the first few months.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

World America looks very intriguing - outside the Yacht Club - which some view as drawbacks on the Seaside and Meraviglia Class ships.  It looks like there will be quite a bit to explore on the ship, which is important to us as, like all lines new ships, they're too big to go anywhere other than the 'same ole same ole ports.

So we booked a B2B for end of November 2025 into December (give her some time to get everything ironed out).  By then, it will be our 13th B2B in the Yacht Club.  Lucky 13, we booked a Royal Suite.

We were looking at Explora Journeys for that same period and, with the recent comments about the issues when the ship is more than half-empty, flipped over to take a look at World America.  Seriously, our Royal Suite is $2,000 less than Explora PH entry Penthouse (and the EJ quote didn't include fees in the quote), then with a transfer to a TA (first time based on CC member recommendations) another $1,000+ in OBC!  A no brainer.

On the calendar.  Will keep up with all of you ahead of us.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We did a NYE cruise 6 months ago on World Europa and had a great time.  That said, there are certain things that I preferred on some of their slightly older ships.  The Sky Lounge over the pool comes to mind.

That said, I think that, generally, MSC builds a beautiful ship and their pricing is often pretty good, relative to the competition.  My number one tip is something I've repeated often.  When your reservation looks more or less the way that you want it to look, try to avoid calling MSC customer service.  I think they might be getting a little bit better, but I've had them mess up a number of my bookings, and when something goes wrong on MSC, it can take an Act of God to fix it.

But the onboard experience has usually been very good, in my view.  Give it a try.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Stockjock said:

We did a NYE cruise 6 months ago on World Europa and had a great time.  That said, there are certain things that I preferred on some of their slightly older ships.  The Sky Lounge over the pool comes to mind.

That said, I think that, generally, MSC builds a beautiful ship and their pricing is often pretty good, relative to the competition.  My number one tip is something I've repeated often.  When your reservation looks more or less the way that you want it to look, try to avoid calling MSC customer service.  I think they might be getting a little bit better, but I've had them mess up a number of my bookings, and when something goes wrong on MSC, it can take an Act of God to fix it.

But the onboard experience has usually been very good, in my view.  Give it a try.

truer words have never been spoken. My buddy had his gender on his booking listed as female. He called to get it fixed and before he knew it they had deleted his reservation. Spent a few hours on the phone that day.

When you are on the ship and something goes wrong you usually get this response from whatever person you are dealing with. Clip Art Of A Business People Talking Each Other Illustrations, Royalty ... To be fair I have had some people on the ship do their jobs like rock stars

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

truer words have never been spoken. My buddy had his gender on his booking listed as female. He called to get it fixed and before he knew it they had deleted his reservation. Spent a few hours on the phone that day.

When you are on the ship and something goes wrong you usually get this response from whatever person you are dealing with. Clip Art Of A Business People Talking Each Other Illustrations, Royalty ... To be fair I have had some people on the ship do their jobs like rock stars

Errors like that are probably best ignored.  I doubt they would refuse entry to the ship due to something like that.

The problem as it see it is that the customer service agents are not empowered so solve problems.  They must go through Italy to try to fix most issues.  And that's when the fun begins.  They often don't get fixed, and commonly, they simply make a bad situation even worse.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1