How Do You Pack Your Wine In Airline Luggage?

Anytime I have bottles I wrap in a plastic bag and then place in a T shirt or something pretty easy to wrap tightly around possibly even double wrapping, and then place in the center most place of the suitcase with padding to keep it tight.  It’s when it can move around you risk breakage.  I learned that lesson in my 20s bringing rum back from Jamaica! 

I have friends who have bought special wrappings for wine.  I guess it depends on how much you are carrying,

Cheers! 

I have the bottle bags    works for special  bottles of scotch/cognac  DH wants to bring home

Or wine

heavy plastic cover with bubble wrap inside

Check out Bottle Shield

37 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I have the bottle bags    works for special  bottles of scotch/cognac  DH wants to bring home

Or wine

heavy plastic cover with bubble wrap inside

Check out Bottle Shield

Have you tried the wine diaper bag?

3 hours ago, StollyBolly said:

Anytime I have bottles I wrap in a plastic bag and then place in a T shirt or something pretty easy to wrap tightly around possibly even double wrapping, and then place in the center most place of the suitcase with padding to keep it tight.  It’s when it can move around you risk breakage.  I learned that lesson in my 20s bringing rum back from Jamaica! 

I have friends who have bought special wrappings for wine.  I guess it depends on how much you are carrying,

Cheers! 

Yup, we occasionally travel with a bottle of wine in a checked bag if we know we're going to get to our hotel too late to get a drink, much less a meal.  (Cheese, crackers and an apple are packed for that.)  I use bubble wrap but follow Stolly's practice.  Never had an issue.  I sometimes have to laugh at the 'stuff' one can purchase to do the job of something that you can get for free.

13 hours ago, jsn55 said:

Yup, we occasionally travel with a bottle of wine in a checked bag if we know we're going to get to our hotel too late to get a drink, much less a meal.  (Cheese, crackers and an apple are packed for that.)  I use bubble wrap but follow Stolly's practice.  Never had an issue.  I sometimes have to laugh at the 'stuff' one can purchase to do the job of something that you can get for free.

One thing about the wine diapers is the material inside the bag which will absorb any leakages instead of  your clothes.

18 hours ago, StollyBolly said:

Cheers! 

We do the same. We've transported wine/spirits five times so far with no problem

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, George C said:

I just but socks over the bottle normally 2 for each bottle. Flying Friday.

How many bottles?

Another question.  Do you guys use hard or soft sided luggage?

Edited by RocketMan275

18 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

How many bottles?

Another question.  Do you guys use hard or soft sided luggage?

Two bottles per bag we have both hard and soft sided , we normally check 3 or 4 bags (we fly first so no fee)

• Like 1