tax on drinks and sodas while in FL ports?

To use an old boating joke, if you have to ask, you can’t afford it.  Specifically, if the 7% tax on a few drinks is a concern, you probably shouldn’t be cruising.  Your talking about dollars here.  As in potentially several dollars.  Maybe even 5-10 dollars if you really get crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, topnole said:

To use an old boating joke, if you have to ask, you can’t afford it.  Specifically, if the 7% tax on a few drinks is a concern, you probably shouldn’t be cruising.  Your talking about dollars here.  As in potentially several dollars.  Maybe even 5-10 dollars if you really get crazy. 

The question wasn't about the money snarky, but thanks for using your important time to not answer the question.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

The question wasn't about the money snarky, but thanks for using your important time to not answer the question.

Well I’m glad you can appreciate humor. What did you expect when you ask a question where the implications are measured in dollars or maybe even cents?  

Edited by topnole

ok, I just looked, came back a bit over a week ago from Port Canaveral.  I don't see an added tax, nor do I recall one being added on for the printed receipt.  I didn't have the drink package. 

• Thanks 1