Suite Breakfast

tootsiescurly

30 minutes ago, tootsiescurly said:

Does Princess still have breakfast at Sabatini's for suite guests? We will be on the Discovery in November.

Yes. We will be on her.in June

We were in a suite for an April Coastal Cruise and really enjoyed the breakfast in Sabatini's.  Carlos, the Restaurant Manger and all the staff took great care of their guests. Princess recently announced they are opening a new restaurant called Catch which will replace Bistro Sur Le Mer on several ships. But that same announcement indicated Sabatini is moving to the Bistro location and Catch will take Sabatini's place on deck 5. This is supposed to happen this fall on the Discovery. 

9 minutes ago, hobo1937 said:

But that same announcement indicated Sabatini is moving to the Bistro location and Catch will take Sabatini's place on deck 5.

That has not happened on Sky - Sabatinis is still in its original location and Catch has replaced the Bistro - not say that is the plan for other ships but just the situation on Sky

Interesting. The deck plan for the Enchanted, the first ship to get Catch, shows it on deck 5 and Sabatini on deck 7. The press release from Princess in April indicated it would be the same for Sky, Majestic and Discovery. It will be interesting to see what happens on the Majestic and Discovery

4 hours ago, marden1970 said:

Yes, we were in a suite for the South Pacific cruise and breakfast in Sabatini's was wonderful.  I like how the staff greets you and remembers what you like.  

Much easier for them to recall what you've previously ordered now they can look you up via the Ocean Medallion as soon as you walk in 😉

But the Sabatini breakfast is one of the better suite perks for sure,  though the 360 dining experience puts it to shame on the ships that have it!

2 hours ago, nzOdy said:

Much easier for them to recall what you've previously ordered now they can look you up via the Ocean Medallion as soon as you walk in 😉

But the Sabatini breakfast is one of the better suite perks for sure,  though the 360 dining experience puts it to shame on the ships that have it!

Wonder if they do the 360 dining experience on 4 day cruises?

3 hours ago, tootsiescurly said:

Wonder if they do the 360 dining experience on 4 day cruises?

If the ship has it, and you're in a full suite, you should be offered it (numbers allowing). We were on a 4-night out of LA and had our first 360 experience. They were running 2 seatings per night.

On 5/23/2023 at 6:35 PM, nzOdy said:

If the ship has it, and you're in a full suite, you should be offered it (numbers allowing). We were on a 4-night out of LA and had our first 360 experience. They were running 2 seatings per night.

We are in a full suite. 

The Catch is now on the Majestic, deck 7, replacing Sur le Mer. Opened May 5th. Awesome setting. We were seated at the windows on two occasions. Did not find the Piazza activities to interfere with our enjoyment of the experience there. Food was great.

• Like 2

Suite breakfast is always offered on every sailing, on all ships, and typically it is in Sabatini's, however it can be offered in any dining venue that the food and beverage management on board want to use.  If Sabatini's wasn't available they would move the suite breakfast to another dining venue, like the Crown Grill.  I've not experienced suite breakfast being anyplace but Sabatini's, but I've read a number of threads where the poster had suite breakfast on their sailing in a different specialty restaurant.

On Discovery right now in Skagway.  Always so enjoy having breakfast in Sabatini's.  One of our favorite ways to start the day on a cruise.  Also love the concierge lounge just for suite guests and is a favorite of ours. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tootsiescurly said:

We are in a full suite. 

Are you already sailing? The 360 Experience,  as we've experienced it,  is offered by princess maybe a couple of months before sailing. First time we were called,  2nd time we were emailed.

Not all ships have it and I've no idea if all suites were filled to capacity if they would prioritize seating opportunities due to their being more people than available seatings on a short sailing.

Edited by nzOdy

5 hours ago, jeromep said:

Suite breakfast is always offered on every sailing, on all ships, and typically it is in Sabatini's, however it can be offered in any dining venue that the food and beverage management on board want to use.  If Sabatini's wasn't available they would move the suite breakfast to another dining venue, like the Crown Grill.  I've not experienced suite breakfast being anyplace but Sabatini's, but I've read a number of threads where the poster had suite breakfast on their sailing in a different specialty restaurant.

Just asking because the Discovery is a new ship. We have aways enjoyed breakfast at Sabatini's.

Well, here is another view on the Sabatini's breakfast. We have had suites and Club Class (now renamed Reserve Collection - RC) We always eat in the RC dining room, but when we got our first suite we tried Sabatini's. We did not feel it was anything special. We are always treated so well by the RC staff and by having all our meals there, they really get to know us. Suite passengers also eat their meals in RC (or can if they want to). Maybe now that ships are sailing at full capacity we will change our mind about breakfast. We will have to wait and see when we have our suite on our Panama Canal cruise.

But that is what cruising is about. Choices - none terrible! Bon Appetit!

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 9:01 AM, susiefay said:

This is one of the best perks of a suite!  Really enjoyed the breakfasts in Sabatini's   Felt very special

Yes this is one of the best perks...love their fresh squeezed orange juice!

Did the the 360 and really enjoyed it. They did it daily.

debbie 360.jpg

Edited by gvre

On 5/23/2023 at 11:01 AM, susiefay said:

This is one of the best perks of a suite!  Really enjoyed the breakfasts in Sabatini's   Felt very special

I've heard this sentiment expressed countless times here. We've sailed in suites and in CC minis on a variety of ships. Suite bkfst sometimes in Sabatini's, sometimes in CG. Either way it's good but we've come to the conclusion that it is absolutely not a bit better than bkfst in CC. 

I know that ours is a minority view and borders on blasphemy to some but nevertheless after scores of suite bkfsts and an equal number in CC, we cannot in good faith look upon a suite bkfst as "the best suite perk". YMMV 

3 hours ago, Bgwest said:

I've heard this sentiment expressed countless times here. We've sailed in suites and in CC minis on a variety of ships. Suite bkfst sometimes in Sabatini's, sometimes in CG. Either way it's good but we've come to the conclusion that it is absolutely not a bit better than bkfst in CC. 

I know that ours is a minority view and borders on blasphemy to some but nevertheless after scores of suite bkfsts and an equal number in CC, we cannot in good faith look upon a suite bkfst as "the best suite perk". YMMV 

The best thing to me on suite breakfast is the fact that they really get to know you and our favored teas hit the table immensely whereas we might get 2 or 3 different servers in CC. It is more the relaxed atmosphere the food in both are excellent 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bgwest said:

One perk is that it’s  much less crowded, and it’s more relaxing. Also, if you’re in a hurry service is faster due to fewer guests. 

• Like 1

As I said, our position borders on blasphemy with some but all I can do is report our past experiences. 
yes, suite bkfst is nice but not something we find to be a huge perk. 
now, if it’s a choice between suite bkfst and the main MDR, no contest.