Fusina Embarkation & Disembarkation

Riocca

Currently there’s not been much information available to those of us who will be embarking at Venice Fusina but this reply from Azamara was posted on Facebook, so I thought it would be helpful to copy the information and post it here as as.

IMG_0108.thumb.jpeg.5086dae64309d84957c686626e750032.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@RioccaThanks very much for posting this!

It finally confirms that Azamara is doing the same for Fusina embarkation as other cruise lines. We suspected this would be the case and fortunately booked our Aug hotel with Marittima check-in in mind. 

it would’ve been nice for those cruising soon (particularly on June 10th) to have had this info before booking pre-stay hotels in or near Fusina. 

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr
Typo

Thanks for this.

We disembark on 10th and to date have no idea where we would need to arrange transport from despite me trying to get an answer out of Azamara !

I assume we will be doing the reverse, docking in Fusina and then transferred by the Port Authorities to Marritima to clear customs etc

Not ideal, but nothing I cant cope with, as months back I booked a hotel in Mestre for the 10th on the assumption I would dis embark the ship with my luggage on the mainland.

Regards

3 hours ago, Billy Butlin said:

Thanks for this.

We disembark on 10th and to date have no idea where we would need to arrange transport from despite me trying to get an answer out of Azamara !

I assume we will be doing the reverse, docking in Fusina and then transferred by the Port Authorities to Marritima to clear customs etc

Not ideal, but nothing I cant cope with, as months back I booked a hotel in Mestre for the 10th on the assumption I would dis embark the ship with my luggage on the mainland.

Regards

Again lifted from Facebook this was information someone received from Azamara:

IMG_0109.thumb.jpeg.6a5a3eb265700fa0cb50c0588362c3b8.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LT Hambone said:

Curious -

We booked the "Padua and Transfer to Venice Marco Polo Airport tour w/ Azamara. Wondering if the tour starts at Fusina OR from Porto Marittimo?

Semper Gumby everyone, Semper Gumby!

I would assume Porto Marittimo as all the Luggage is going there and it’s only the ports vehicles being allowed into Fusina.

• Like 1

I just received an email from Azamara regarding Fusina disembarkation procedures.  Here they are:

Dear Azamara Guest,

We are thrilled to welcome you aboard Azamara Onward for your upcoming sailing on September 27, 2023. We wanted to reach out about an update to your disembarkation process. 

Please be aware that there have been changes to the disembarkation process at Fusina in accordance with the regulations set by port authorities. Please take note of the important updates below.  

Guests booked on an Azamara Transfer and are either departing from the Venice Airport or have a post-hotel package: 

• Port authorities will provide transportation for guests from Fusina to Porto Marittima via a coach. At the terminal, guests will collect their luggage. The transfer time from the ship to the terminal should be around 20-30 minutes  
  • Please note: If your flight departs before 11:30 a.m., and you booked a transfer with us, you will not have to go to Porto Marittima. You will be transported directly to the Venice Airport. 
  • Upon claiming your luggage at the terminal, guests will then be transferred to the airport or hotel. 

If you have arranged independent transfers or intend to use a taxi, please go directly to your destination from Porto Marittima. Taxis can be found outside the terminal building.  

Thank you for your understanding and we can't wait to welcome you aboard Azamara Onward.  

Should you have any questions or need guidance of what you can explore in any destination please contact your Travel Advisor or visit https://www.azamara.com/contact-us for your local Azamara call center number.   

Sincerely,

AZAMARA®

Onward Italy Intensive: 22 Aug 23 — 12 Night Sailing Info:

Some of the 3 cabins traveling with us (but not I) received this update this morning from Azamara about Embarkation.  I matches with what @Riocca posted at the beginning of this thread. Just documenting for other guests who may need this.

Our cruise begins with an overnight in Venice (Fusina), but we still have no info on if or how they are handling shore excursions. None were offered the last time I was able to view ShorEx before the old website was closed. Seems like a waste of an overnight. At least we have experienced Venice a few times before.
Jane

Dear Azamara Guest,

We are thrilled to welcome you aboard Azamara Onward℠, for your upcoming sailing on August 22, 2023. We wanted to reach out about an update to your embarkation process. 

There have been some changes to the embarkation process at Fusina. Please take note of the important updates below. 

Guests arriving at the Venice airport and booked on an Azamara transfer: 

• Guests will be transported to Porto Marittima (not Fusina), which takes approximately 20-30 minutes. 
  • Upon reaching Porto Marittima, guests will then be transferred by port authorities to Fusina, which takes approximately 20-30 minutes.  
  • It's important to note that direct access to the ship is not allowed.  
  • Check-in procedures will be conducted at either terminal 117 or 107 at Porto Marittima. To view the map, please click here. The terminal will end check-in procedures at 4:30 PM. 
  • Please Note: Tronchetto transfers are not available, as the terminal is situated 600 meters away from the Marittima People Mover Station. However, both the Marittima People Mover Station and the Water Taxi Station will provide shuttles to terminal 117. 

For guests who have organized their own separate transfers or intend to take a taxi, rest assured that taxis will be conveniently accessible at the airport. Simply head straight to Porto Marittima from the airport. 

Thank you for your understanding and we can't wait to welcome you aboard the Azamara Onward. 

Should you have any questions or need guidance of what you can explore in any destination please contact your Travel Advisor or visit https://www.azamara.com/contact-us for your local Azamara call center number.   

Sincerely,

AZAMARA®

Edited by JaneStarr
To fix typos

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Fusina Embarkation & Disembarkation

So after our cruise in October we are taking a train from Venice to Bologna. We want to buy tickets ahead of time but are struggling to figure out what time to book them for.

Am I correct in assum,ing that all luggage will have to be collected at the port terminal. I am used to self disembarking with our luggage on other cruises. So we wouldn’t be able to take our luggage on the coach transfer from the ship?

I believe from Venice terminal we can take people mover and then walk to the train station- so need to allow time to do that.

This is our first time to Venice so not sure how much time to allow to get from ship to train terminal. Anyone have any insight would be appreciated.

@mrobinson From Stazione Marittima to railway station Santa Lucia you have a lot of walking. From cruise terminal to People Mover 10 to 15 minutes, People Mover just one stop, so a few minutes and then Piazzale Roma to train station minimum 20 minutes.

An other possibility is People Mover to Tronchetto and Vaporetto to train station. Less walking but Not really faster I guess.

3 hours ago, beatnix said:

@mrobinson From Stazione Marittima to railway station Santa Lucia you have a lot of walking. From cruise terminal to People Mover 10 to 15 minutes, People Mover just one stop, so a few minutes and then Piazzale Roma to train station minimum 20 minutes.

An other possibility is People Mover to Tronchetto and Vaporetto to train station. Less walking but Not really faster I guess.

Each of those two walks is about 500m.

Even with the shallow steps on Ponte della Costituzione, I don't think even a slow person with a bag is going to take 20 minutes to do that.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mrobinson said:

So after our cruise in October we are taking a train from Venice to Bologna. We want to buy tickets ahead of time but are struggling to figure out what time to book them for.

Am I correct in assum,ing that all luggage will have to be collected at the port terminal. I am used to self disembarking with our luggage on other cruises. So we wouldn’t be able to take our luggage on the coach transfer from the ship?

I believe from Venice terminal we can take people mover and then walk to the train station- so need to allow time to do that.

This is our first time to Venice so not sure how much time to allow to get from ship to train terminal. Anyone have any insight would be appreciated.

If you aren't spending any time in Venice at that stage, it might be easiest to grab a taxi at Marittima (port terminal) and have them take you to Mestre train station on the mainland to catch your train.  It's just a few minutes by cab back across the causeway, and nearly all the trains to/from Venice St Lucia (the station on the island) also stop at Venice Mestre (the mainland station).  The advantage is they can drop you right at the station rather than dragging your luggage through Pl Roma and up and over the bridge to the SL station.  I haven't done this myself to try it out. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We are staying at a hotel nnear San Marco after we disembark our Azamara cruise. I understand that we will arrive at Porto Maritima, but is not clear to me even after reading several posts how we should proceed from there. I think we could take a water taxi but that would cost something like 100 Euros. Can we take a vaporetto? If so, where would be the nearest vaporetto stop on a line that goes to San Marco, or San Zaccaria, and could we walk to it with luggage?

1 hour ago, jwilcox said:

We are staying at a hotel nnear San Marco after we disembark our Azamara cruise. I understand that we will arrive at Porto Maritima, but is not clear to me even after reading several posts how we should proceed from there. I think we could take a water taxi but that would cost something like 100 Euros. Can we take a vaporetto? If so, where would be the nearest vaporetto stop on a line that goes to San Marco, or San Zaccaria, and could we walk to it with luggage?

You can take any of the above. You can find these at Piazzale Roma. If you walk, you can arrange to have a licensed porter take your luggage. We stayed at Hotel Moresco, much closer than San Marco, and the porter was 20 Euros. A cab from the port to Piazzale Roma in also 20 Euros.