What is the earliest you have been able to board Carnival Splendour at Circular Quay?

2 hours ago, Jean C said:

We once had an allocated boarding time of about 4pm on a Carnival Spirit sailing from Sydney. We got there much earlier courtesy of flight times, but planned and dropped off our bags then caught the ferry over to Manly and walked along to Fairy Bower, such a lovely experience (would happily do it again). When we got back to the OPC we must have been the only ones boarding, and we were able to literally walk straight through, with usual checks, and onto the ship - very easy 😊

What a perfect start to a cruise!  Twice, once in Germany and once in Singapore, I was the only one in the terminal!  Still within the time frame allocated.  Also on my last cruise from

Brisbane!  Everyone is in a good mood

because their work is done.😀

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Is there anyone else like me who chooses the latest time available?

The reason is there are no queues then, so boarding is very quick and efficient. 

Not us. There are also no queues when you are 1st. We have been 1st on 3 times, and in the first 1/2 dozen a few other times. It is nice to have checked out the cabin, had lunch, done muster and be exploring the ship while watching the boarding queue.

On 5/24/2023 at 11:55 PM, korky1 said:

We are going on Splendour on Monday and have a 12 noon boarding time.  We can quite often  board Princess from 11am, as they start thr boarding process earlier than scheduled.   Can't remember if Carnival do the same, even though we were on Splendour in November.   Ah, the joys of getting old!

I am sure you have this all figured out, but I just wanted to check to be sure.

If you arrive in the terminal tomorrow (Monday), there will be no queues - or not much of anything really. Hopefully that was just a slip in your message, and you are getting ready to "push-in" soon 😉 as your ship awaits.

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2023 at 2:26 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

in case you weren’t aware - you can now take a bottle of wine or champagne on board per person (like Royal & Princess)

Thanks for posting this i was not aware they had changed the policy and board a cruise in June👍 will visit the local Bottle shop🤪

When online check in opens does anyone know is that from midnight on the specified date? just curious.  

22 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

Thanks for posting this i was not aware they had changed the policy and board a cruise in June👍 will visit the local Bottle shop🤪

When online check in opens does anyone know is that from midnight on the specified date? just curious.  

Platinum and above get 2 days jump start on check in which is 16 days and everyone else  gets 14 days and yes you can check in at midnight and the earliest time slot is 11.30-12 noon

Edited by rkmw

Another thankyou from me re the wine, didn't think to look at their policy, but it is there now.

And yes, check in a second past 12am, just did it last week. 11.30am is the first that was offered. 

Suits us for a 11am check out of hotel.

• Like 1