An Eclipse Connecting Cabin Question ...

Dr. Cocktail

Good morning!

It's been a minute since my last Celebrity Cruise I and was looking at Cabin 9241 on the leading edge of the "hump". If I remember and read correctly, do ALL the connecting cabins on Eclipse have the little exterior vestibule - that is, no actual connection within the cabin itself?

Many thanks!

I walked past those deck 9 cabins on the hump to get to the elevators many times over the past few weeks (although not the couple aft of those elevators - our cabin was forward) and I did notice the doors to make an exterior vestibule.  So I can't speak to those couple concierge ones you are talking about, but that is definitely true of the verandah ones just forward of the cabin you are looking at.

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

Yes the connection is the exterior doors not inside the cabin.

Are you sure? I booked cabins 9296 and 9298 and will be extremely upset if the connecting doors are on the outside and not inside the cabins. I have a child that will be running back and forth between the rooms and I don't want them running on the outside. Thanks

Edited by newbie202020
spelling

19 minutes ago, newbie202020 said:

Are you sure? I booked cabins 9296 and 9298 and will be extremely upset if the connecting doors are on the outside and not inside the cabins. I have a child that will be running back and forth between the rooms and I don't want them running on the outside. Thanks

You can close and lock the exterior vestibule doors so you aren't going all the way out to the hallway to go between rooms.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, newbie202020 said:

Don't worry the arrangement of the cabins works the you want but without there being a door through the wall of the cabin.

The cabins have what is in effect a double door entry system. You will be able to fix the inner doors open allowing your child to run freely between the cabins.

The outer doors to can remain locked thereby stopping your child escaping into the corridor.

The system has great flexibility as you choose which of the inner doors remain open and which are closed. 

• Thanks 1

Here is a picture.  the 2 cabin doors (beige colour) remain, they have a magnet that will allow them to remain open if desired. and the brown wood panels fold out creating 1 single door to both cabins.  if you look close on the right side you can see what will be the new door handle.

image.png.369bfda59429bc39d64c74aa69cb5956.png

Also another nice feature is if they are balcony cabins the divider can fold back giving you a joined balcony as well.

Edited by Woody14
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1