Refund Question

LuckyStar

I recently booked two B2B cruises, unfortunately, I had to cancel the second leg.  I requested a refund of my deposit.  I should have asked if they could apply it to my still booked cruise but I didn't think of it.  Anyway, they told me it could take up to 3 billing cycles, which is end of August, to get my refund.  I'm ok with that, in theory, I'll just post a calendar entry and watch for it.  Has anyone else had refunds take this long?  

3 hours ago, LuckyStar said:

I recently booked two B2B cruises, unfortunately, I had to cancel the second leg.  I requested a refund of my deposit.  I should have asked if they could apply it to my still booked cruise but I didn't think of it.  Anyway, they told me it could take up to 3 billing cycles, which is end of August, to get my refund.  I'm ok with that, in theory, I'll just post a calendar entry and watch for it.  Has anyone else had refunds take this long?  

I just cancelled one I had for 8/31 (to book another for 7/23) and was told they could not transfer the money.  They told me 2-3 billing cycles this afternoon when I called to see if I needed to request the refund (they said no).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

When MSC has owed me money, the wait time has been as little as 11 days and as long as 5 months.

Good luck....😉

Whoa!  I'm gonna track it so I have exact timing.  

During covid, when many cruises were cancelled, the whole accounting side of the business was a big mess.

Many had issues with trying to get refunds for those cancelled cruises.

For us, I had to do a charge back on our credit card for our cancelled cruise.

Recently, I think the business side of MSC is doing a better job with refunds.

We recently cancelled a cruise and were told the "2-3 billing cycle" standard response.

The refund actually showed up on credit card account within 3 weeks.