Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

I forgot to put out the dnd sign and Stewart cleaned my room while I was at breakfast. I don’t like that. I had my safe open. Stuff I didn’t want him touching out. He was still in my room when I walked up and left a dirty towel behind. 

IMG_7643.thumb.jpeg.344ce4992ac64668e5fbe238bae7057a.jpeg

IMG_7645.thumb.jpeg.5ba3c00780961132d97bc1dcbeaf6add.jpeg

IMG_7644.thumb.jpeg.c389e1b69e4d3e3a607d9d44ac7fa8b9.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Not happy to hear Celebration has limited comedy, that's been one of my favorite things about Carnival. Well it can't be as bad as last NCL cruise. Only 2 comedians that rotated the whole 9 nights. Would have been tolerable if they had been remotely funny.

Also the venue they performed in was a small room with hard, straight wooden chairs lined up row after row right next each other, was as bad as plane seats. I hope you have a much better situation on your cruise🤞

On celebration I had 5 comedians. One doing an adult show four times. Another doing a PG show four times. Then most nights two doing 15 mins each in the theater.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I duck taped my snoozin sign to the door so I won’t forget it  now. Maybe I’ll just leave it there the rest of the cruise 

I read here a few years ago that each deck with guest cabins has a housekeeping floor supervisor. The person was in a similar situation to yours and they said after they had a brief, polite chat explaining when they wanted their cabin serviced there were no more issues. I haven't had to do this myself but I remember the information.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I read here a few years ago that each deck with guest cabins has a housekeeping floor supervisor. The person was in a similar situation to yours and they said after they had a brief, polite chat explaining when they wanted their cabin serviced there were no more issues. I haven't had to do this myself but I remember the information.

We did this day 1. I told him after 3pm. He pushed. What about when you’re in port? I agreed to daytime on port days and evening on sea days. But they’re all the same. The first time I take the snoozing sign off they’re in this room.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

We did this day 1. I told him after 3pm. He pushed. What about when you’re in port? I agreed to daytime on port days and evening on sea days. But they’re all the same. The first time I take the snoozing sign off they’re in this room.

Speak with the Housekeeping Supervisor who will follow up with Stewart would be my suggestion.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Also the venue they performed in was a small room with hard, straight wooden chairs lined up row after row right next each other, was as bad as plane seats. I hope you have a much better situation on your cruise🤞

Totally agree about the venue, and if you sit in one of the high top chairs, there’s no bar to rest your feet on, and your legs just dangle.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

Totally agree about the venue, and if you sit in one of the high top chairs, there’s no bar to rest your feet on, and your legs just dangle.

Yes! We sat in the back at a table and I ended up pushing the high top chair to the side and taking a low chair back there. I looked silly but I was comfortable lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Understood, it's good information to keep in mind. 

And then how do you go about that? Go to the steward and say who is your supervisor I want to speak to him? I’m not going to do that ever.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

the consensus here is that places like five guys and chipotle aren’t fast food. 

The food trades refer to these businesses as Fast Casual Restaurants. Panera Bread is in the same category.

Here is the top 25 list for this year from the industry trade Toast: https://pos.toasttab.com/blog/on-the-line/top-fast-casual-restaurants

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

Just now, Saint Greg said:

And then how do you go about that? Go to the steward and say who is your supervisor I want to speak to him? I’m not going to do that ever.

I wouldn't either, but if things got really bad (has never happened to us), I would call guest Services and they'll put you through to the floor supervisor. Funny, on my last couple of cruises the floor supervisor knocked on our door, introduced themselves, and asked how things were going. I thought that was pretty cool. 😎

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That's a good point. I think if it were bad enough, like them entering when you are away and your safe is open, I would walk to the other side of the ship and ask any other steward who the floor supervisor is. 🙂

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Funny, on my last couple of cruises the floor supervisor knocked on our door, introduced themselves, and asked how things were going. I thought that was pretty cool. 😎

Yes, I forgot this happened to us twice on Panorama and once on the Magic all in 2023. Once my wife asked what brought them by our cabin and was told it was because we're platinum. We have no idea if this is true but it's what we were told. All 3 times we were receiving service as requested and made no complaints, so who knows? 

• Like 3

Just now, sanmarcosman said:

Yes, I forgot this happened to us twice on Panorama and once on the Magic all in 2023. Once my wife asked what brought them by our cabin and was told it was because we're platinum. We have no idea if this is true but it's what we were told. All 3 times we were receiving service as requested and made no complaints, so who knows? 

On our Floor supervisor visits, we told them how pleased we were with the service we were getting,  and it made them smile. Works both ways. 😎

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

On our Floor supervisor visits, we told them how pleased we were with the service we were getting,  and it made them smile. Works both ways. 😎

I’ve never had one stop by. But then I really don’t spend much time in the room. More on this cruise than any other just because it’s so long. And there are gaps in the sea day where if you aren’t a trivia player or a bingo player, there isn’t much going on.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

And there are gaps in the sea day where if you aren’t a trivia player or a bingo player, there isn’t much going on.

I think self-entertainment on crossings is a holdover from the ocean liners like QE2. Westbound to NYC in this photo is Deck Steward Sean busy bringing deck chair robes to his guests who reserved deck chairs in advance. Chairs were $7 for the 5 night crossing and morning beef bouillon and afternoon tea with sandwiches and cake were served to us by Sean while we read in between naps under those wonderful chair blankets called robes. 

Sean.jpg

• Like 13