Flights to/from Valletta and Tenerife

TigerB

I'm looking at several cruises on Azura, one with an outbound flight to Valletta and a return flight from Tenerife. We would choose Manchester rather than London.

Is it likely to be TUI that are used for both those routes?

Do the aircraft they use have PE cabins, and if so, does anyone know the approximate cost for the upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

We have had TUI a Few times out to Malta but last few couple of times it has been Jet2. Normally for TUI they use the 737 same with Jet2 but has been the 757 or the 321 all economy. 

For Tenerife they tend to use Jet2 more again using the 737 for the charters but some people do get put on the scheduled flights so could be the 737, 757, 321 or 330. TUI I can't remember how many flights they operate to Manchester again the aircraft most likely would be the 737 but they have been using the 767 and 787 which are all economy again.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TigerB said:

I'm looking at several cruises on Azura, one with an outbound flight to Valletta and a return flight from Tenerife. We would choose Manchester rather than London.

Do the aircraft they use have PE cabins, and if so, does anyone know the approximate cost for the upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

We are taking the repo on Azura in October - Valletta to Tenerife. We were able to get flights from Newcastle, they are with Jet2. Extra £350 for the round trip. 

10 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We are taking the repo on Azura in October - Valletta to Tenerife. We were able to get flights from Newcastle, they are with Jet2. Extra £350 for the round trip. 

That was one of the ones I was looking at, 21 or 22 nights from Valletta; I didn't realise it was a repositioning cruise. So, is Tenerife Azura's base for the winter?

4 hours ago, TigerB said:

That was one of the ones I was looking at, 21 or 22 nights from Valletta; I didn't realise it was a repositioning cruise. So, is Tenerife Azura's base for the winter?

Also on this but 16 Nights and yes Tenerife is used for the winter. 

IMG_1085.jpeg

On the cruise we did last year from Malta we flew out there with Tui and came back with Titan airways. On the December cruise from Gatwick to  Tenerife it was Jet 2 Both ways . That confused me because Jet2 dont do holidays from Gatwick but it was a chartered aircraft solely for P&O cruisers.

On 5/28/2023 at 11:41 AM, Denarius said:

When I flew Manchester to Malta to join Azura last September we were on Jet2 scheduled flights.

We're going from MAN this September and have been allocated an Easyjet flight;

having never flown with them before, we are a bit worried - are they as 'bottom of

the barrel' as Ryanair?!

20 minutes ago, clevercruiser said:

having never flown with them before, we are a bit worried - are they as 'bottom of

the barrel' as Ryanair?!

From my personal experience Ryanair are in a class of their own, and I do not mean that in a positive way! I flew with Easyjet some time ago and from what I can remember they were quite accepable in a no frills sort of way. But watch your carry on luggage, their size limits are smaller than many - but nowhere near as small as Ryanair's.

43 minutes ago, clevercruiser said:

the barrel' as Ryanair?!

I've never had issues with Easyjet. We flew to Paris with them in April. We only used hand luggage and took the option to have 2 bags each in the cabin, a handbag and a small case. Like this one from IT luggage. No problem. 

Screenshot 2023-05-29 2.51.52 PM.png

Edited by elmsliebev

On 5/27/2023 at 12:46 AM, TigerB said:

Thanks in advance.

It's TUI they are using for our flights to Malta & back from Manchester in July.   When we went to Tenerife in February from Manchester though they were using Jet2 flights.