Help please! Now have a random ‘balance due’ on my account but I’ve already paid in full?

16 hours ago, sheriff's wife said:

I think Princess  may have a system issue as when I logged onto the online Medallion App 

another passengers details including date of birth appeared. Complete data breach.

In the meantime I hope that I  do not become a victim of identity theft if this other passenger

on the App has access to my details.......

Princess has already had a huge data breach a few years ago. So your info is already out there. 

Dear JG and L,

Thank you for your helpful comments.

In a former life I was also a marketing manager for a financial services and was petrified of data protection issues and breaches. In those days , the 80's  I think there was even provision for a prison term within the Data Protection Act so I have been surprised at the way Princess has dealt with this.

My agent is also now upset with Princess as they have sent me the Agency Booking confirmation which details their commission...

Princess want me to e mail some random department with the details which have already been supplied to them. I don"t want to keep oversharing this other passengers details as they have been communicated to them several times.

I tried to obtain the e mail address of the head of Princess UK but was informed that they do not give this out. If anyone knows  Eithne Williamson's e mail , VP UK please can you let me know.

As you suggest , I think contacting the ICO may be the only way Princess will address this issue.

Holidays are supposed to be for de stressing...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sheriff's wife said:

Dear JG and L,

Thank you for your helpful comments.

In a former life I was also a marketing manager for a financial services and was petrified of data protection issues and breaches. In those days , the 80's  I think there was even provision for a prison term within the Data Protection Act so I have been surprised at the way Princess has dealt with this.

My agent is also now upset with Princess as they have sent me the Agency Booking confirmation which details their commission...

Princess want me to e mail some random department with the details which have already been supplied to them. I don"t want to keep oversharing this other passengers details as they have been communicated to them several times.

I tried to obtain the e mail address of the head of Princess UK but was informed that they do not give this out. If anyone knows  Eithne Williamson's e mail , VP UK please can you let me know.

As you suggest , I think contacting the ICO may be the only way Princess will address this issue.

Holidays are supposed to be for de stressing...

yes Husband is pleased he’s not running Princesses uk database for sure. He went a funny colour😂 

have you mentioned the ICO to Princess & told them that’s where you’ll go? 

Sounds like Princess are giving you the run around. asking to share the other passengers details to so many different people sounds unnecessary

they are meant to stop that persons details being shared not encourage it 🤦🏼‍♀️

I don’t think the ICO would be happy to hear how they are dealing with it!

Couldn’t find Eithne Williamson email address. LinkedIn account though… 🤔 or maybe Carnival UK head office in Southampton.

good luck!

No one needs this stress when planning a holiday 😞 my situation was bad enough. Never mind trying to sort a data breach!

I didn't threaten them with the ICO but did mention that my eldest son , a barrister , had suggested I chase them again to resolve the issue. I suppose I was far too subtle but thought mentioning legal counsel would be enough to get them to take it seriously.

Two weeks since I e mailed Jan Swartz .  

I cannot find any contact details of a Compliance Department at Southampton who could help .

I don't really want to report them and get involved with the ICO as it will be time consuming etc but as you say,i t may be the only way . Our trip is less than three weeks away now.

Princess marketing communications, and research departments should be monitoring these forums......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sheriff's wife said:

Two weeks since I e mailed Jan Swartz .  

Jan Swartz to the rescue is an overrated myth.  She is gone.  I know she still has a higher-up job in the corporation, but she's no longer the President of Princess.  I also know that a few people have gotten her attention, but those have been few and far between.  We are on our own out here.  The new Princess.

• Like 2

FWIW, the executive contacts in the USA are listed here: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/princess-cruise-lines/ .  Emails to this group used to receive swift responses but I'm hearing lately that it's taking a while these days.

ETA:

There are multiple email addresses for Jan Swartz too:

Jan Swartz
Group President of Holland America Group
450 Third Avenue West
Seattle, WA 98119
(206) 281-3535
jswartz@hollandamerica.com

jgswartz@yahoo.com 
jswartz@princesscruises.com

Edited by azbirdmom

On 5/28/2023 at 1:13 PM, miagirl said:

I too have a randomly appearing amount due in my personalizer for a cruise that's 26 days away and fully paid.  it showed up a couple of weeks ago.  I have purchase some shore excursions but my cart is completely empty.  I figure it's some sort of glitch.  If a random charge for $173.03 shows up on my on board account, I let the passenger services desk deal with it.  And yes a copy of my paperwork always travels with me.

image.png.3740f1a0efe2344e2165c6d429e04a98.png

My problem is minor compared to what other people are dealing with. I just happened to be checking my bank account this afternoon and I see that there is a $120 credit from Princess in process on my credit card.  hmmn.  I logged into the Personalizer and there it is, still threatening to cancel my cruise if I don't pay $173.03 (by April 4th which is now almost 2 months ago.)  None of my excursions have been cancelled, I have no idea what that $120 credit is for.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

They finally removed the Balance owing from the ‘manage my booking’ payments page.

In it’s place is my TA details & a note telling me to check my balance with them. Much better!

hopefully this development means that they have now taken away incorrect demands for payment from everyone who found themselves in a position similar to mine.

Everything being directed through my TA has some teething issues. an email Princess sent directly to me weeks ago, asking me to pay for an excursion (now paid), was sent again via my TA just this week- causing a bit of a panic because it looked like Princess were claiming I hadn’t paid. Again 🙄

TA checked again. It’s all paid & to ignore it

ive not sailed Princess before. tech wise it is not the best start. Looking forward to the actual cruise. Maybe then they’ll stop asking me for money not owing. I can dream, right, 😂

At least the webpage is now fixed 😃 

IMG_0719.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1