My View: Trading Seascape for Seaside Semi-Live

APDMOM

On 5/28/2023 at 6:24 PM, Lbsahm said:

Request. In Sept we are in an Aurea Balcony 9024. Any way you can get some outside photos of the starboard Aura balconies? I’m concerned that even being on the starboard side, our view of the lighthouse might be blocked by the bow of the ship. 

@Lbsahm

Unfortunately, I think you are right.  I counted how many balconies can be seen from the fence around lighthouse - that is not even right at the lighthouse.  Your balcony seems to be hidden by the hump of the ship, which means you will likely not be able to see the lighthouse.  Unfortunately, I forgot my big camera when I went to take pictures.  I will try again next Tuesday on our next stop at OC.  

From this picture, if I count correctly, your balcony is either hidden or just outside of the hump view, which means you will not be able to see the whole lighthouse.  Here is what I have so far - poor quality since I zoomed in with my iphone:

image.thumb.jpeg.124d5e50c208bc9fe467b7ea86118564.jpeg

• Like 1

TIP: I will summarize the comparison of the two ships at the end of our cruise.  These tidbits are just shared as they come to mind.

Seascape vs. Seaside Noise:

If you read my Seascape review, you will know about the 'shiphorn' story.  The first night, I kept hearing the 'shiphorn' on Seaside - wondering why they keep blowing it throughout the night, as there was no fog.  

After a couple of days, we realized the 'shiphorn' is really the flushing of toilets we heard.  There is no such noise on Seaside. My guess is that MSC or the ship building company cut some corners to save $$$, with the result that you can hear toilets flush on Seascape, and not only of cabins adjacent, but for quite a distance.

So, Seaside wins points for the lack of flushing toilet noise.

• Like 3

My View:  Day 3 Ocean Cay Continued: 

🤣When you get a text from work asking if you are 'on campus today' - and this is your response:  😜

image.thumb.jpeg.b645446366ec3caf5c69ae96618fd96b.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Fissues said:

On seaside now headed for Mexico. We are past Havana and now turning around and heading in the direction of Key West. No idea why. 

Captain made announcement we changed course to Key West to meet coast guard. Said he would up-date upon arrival.

3 hours ago, nicolen1101 said:

What soda options do they have on board? And how strict are they if you want to bring you own soda? We have the drink package but my husband is a diehard Dr Pepper guy

I am not a soda drinker, but I will try to find out for you.  I have read on the boards that not even distilled water for a c-pap machine will make it onto the ship, but that is only from reading MSC boards.  Maybe someone with personal experience will chime in. 🙂 

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Direction change very clear on Cruisemapper…seems to be heading South again.  

https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9745366

Yes, we are heading toward Costa Maya again, with adjusted itinerary for port time from 1 PM to 8 PM.  Excursions have been adjusted accordingly.  CD announced that the patient is in stable condition.  

Edited by APDMOM

Zipline Fun:

TIP: If you want to do the zipline, you have to wear pants, closed toe shoes, and a t-shirt or shirt with sleeves.  I got 2 out of 3 and could not ride this time.  Will try again another time.  The cost was $11 while in port.

Our son enjoyed the zipline.

IMG_6004.thumb.JPG.bdd92e46f7e8a86f412692afc32c5470.JPG

TIP: If you want to see more pictures of Ocean Cay, there are plenty more in my Seascape Review.  I also hope to post many more next Tuesday when we return.

Venchi:  

We really enjoy Venchi - this is one of our son's favorite cruise memories.  We like the Cremino Gelato Shake the best.  We ordered one each this time, but I could only manage about 70% of mine, so DS was very happy!  😄

IMG_6040.thumb.JPG.36fbd15859c9ce039e799c9f04f8ab23.JPG

Caramel Latte (Very strong - Italian style)

IMG_5802.thumb.jpg.d9b3de51d2088e924b8112d34d844668.jpg

Chocolate gelato shake:

IMG_5803.thumb.jpg.f4a63bee8eb3244e2cd896a43c3c8091.jpg

• Like 2

Our evening entertainment consisted of "Rock it".  Will post more about that later.  We skipped MDR dinner, but here is the menu.   We did have the Vegetable soup in the Marketplace and it was delicious.

IMG_6057.thumb.jpg.915a2e5d6af1c56f61e856eb945d9ec5.jpg

IMG_6058.thumb.jpg.4f9ac14ca1b2d465636d13c3e13a7534.jpg

23 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Zipline Fun:

TIP: If you want to do the zipline, you have to wear pants, closed toe shoes, and a t-shirt or shirt with sleeves.  I got 2 out of 3 and could not ride this time.  Will try again another time.  The cost was $11 while in port.

Our son enjoyed the zipline.

IMG_6004.thumb.JPG.bdd92e46f7e8a86f412692afc32c5470.JPG

From the picture it appears your son is wearing shorts. By pants do you mean shorts?

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

10 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

From the picture it appears your son is wearing shorts. By pants do you mean shorts?

Yes. Sorry about the confusion -

TIP:  Clarifying Zipline Rules:

Pants or longer shorts. No swimsuits, very short shorts or cover-ups for ladies. The harness has to foot over the clothing. 

Edited by APDMOM
Tip
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, nicolen1101 said:

What soda options do they have on board? And how strict are they if you want to bring you own soda? We have the drink package but my husband is a diehard Dr Pepper guy

@nicolen1101 

Coke products:

IMG_6160.thumb.jpeg.ae7e8c90a43a0a951b21905211aa6f0b.jpeg

Theater Show -They finally found the singing talent again!

On our last 3 cruises since Nov 2022, we found that the singers in the theater just did not measure up to pre-Covid years.  Most were yelling, rather than good voice talent.  We finally found good voice talent on Seaside!  Hope this rings true for all the shows this week.

Rock It!

The show itself was not my cup of tea.  I did enjoy listening to the talent of the singers - just not the songs so much.  Here are a few views of the show:

image.thumb.jpeg.74d2b52edb8241216a8d158542fa49e6.jpeg

DSCN1163.thumb.JPG.2a4417d98be17b3d29370345d3b8aaaf.JPG

DSCN1171.thumb.JPG.0cd8d8b4009ff72169c10d144274854d.JPG

DSCN1187.thumb.JPG.8dc676bc03af0d67791389b3a13570eb.JPG

Trivia in Haven Lounge:

This is 'the happening place' on the ship.  Almost every time I come here, it is packed.  This evening, they had an Elvis trivia.  One of the activities staff members even dressed up like Elvis - such fun!

IMG_6065.thumb.JPG.21b8f1d3a23d59f8f5d9c0ea73e9ebf3.JPG