Catch restrurant Sky Princess

Ron the Rev

It doesn't help that Princess haven't updated the official deck plans on the website or the app to show that Bistro Sur La Mer has been replaced by The Catch by Rudi on both Sky Princess and Majestic Princess.

The catch is located on Deck 7 midship where bistro Sur La mer used to be on both the sky and majestic. However on the enchanted they put the catch and the sabatini's location on deck 5 right by guest services. And moved sabatini's to Deck 7 midship wear sur la mer. used to be.

1 hour ago, david63 said:

It has been updated on the app for Sky for the last two weeks

Not on my Android app it hasn't when offline - I have the latest installation!

Edited by dides

3 minutes ago, dides said:

Not on my Android app it hasn't when offline - I have the latest installation!

I just checked on my Android as well and I can concur I'm the same as you where the deck plans have not been updated especially in particular on the sky.

• Thanks 1

Just now, david63 said:

It was definitely updated last week when i was on Sky. Have you reloaded the app?

I just updated mine a few short days ago and I always check daily to see if there's any new updates very frequently.

1 minute ago, david63 said:

It was definitely updated last week when i was on Sky. Have you reloaded the app?

Have you checked since you've been home? I wonder since you say It definitely was updated when you were on the sky. I wonder if that was because you were using the internet and that might have made adjustments. For example like once you're on the ship using the internet we have access to certain things on the app that we don't went offline at home.

5 minutes ago, david63 said:

Yes, I have uninstalled and re-installed and still the same 😁

Just now, dides said:

Yes, I have uninstalled and re-installed and still the same 😁

In about 2 and 1/2 weeks I can report back and tell you if that changes from using the internet if there's no more updates prior to my embarkation. 

3 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

In about 2 and 1/2 weeks I can report back and tell you if that changes from using the internet if there's no more updates prior to my embarkation. 

Thanks - weird if it does only work then - what's the point of offering the latest map on-ship only when folks are usually trying to book their speciality dining in advance?

Just now, dides said:

Thanks - weird if it does only work then - what's the point of offering the latest map on-ship only when folks are usually trying to book their speciality dining in advance?

I mean you can still book your specialty dining in advance It's just the location on the map is just showing inaccurate.

Just now, Jeter02 said:

I mean you can still book your specialty dining in advance It's just the location on the map is just showing inaccurate.

But people need to know these things..hence the OPs post. And mostly what cruisecritic is here for 😁

8 minutes ago, dides said:

But people need to know these things..hence the OPs post. And mostly what cruisecritic is here for 😁

Indeed. God bless cruise critic as it is filled with a wealth of knowledge. 

• Like 1

Personally I would not bother to book Catch until it is well established as a restaurant.

We dined there on the very first week on Sky an it was poor for both service and food. The staff hadn’t a clue about the menu.

The pre starter was quite tasty. Really enjoyed that.

The starters bland.

Mains - 

The Dover soul was nice but butchered by the server to the point the fish was almost square by the time she hacked it to bits.

The halibut was fine. It’s fine, not special.

The steak was dry and dire (someone did not like fish at our table)

The  “Catch of the day” was mackerel and it was the worst of the lot. Really dry, overcooked and tasteless.

Desserts were not much better. Claggy crepe Suzette and boring too cold cheese.

Now it may have improved vastly from week one but we paid the same price as those dining there now. Wast not one bit impressed.

25 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Now it may have improved vastly from week one

It certainly has improved to the point where we thought that it was the best restaurant on the ship - although I must agree about the crepe Suzette (not proper crepes and no alcohol!)

15 minutes ago, david63 said:

It certainly has improved to the point where we thought that it was the best restaurant on the ship - although I must agree about the crepe Suzette (not proper crepes and no alcohol!)

So glad to hear it was better.

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

So glad to hear it was better.

Thanks for the review.  I tried Sur La Mer and thought it was gimmicky and weird, not a true seafood restaurant.  I am hoping to try Catch on the Sky, and I'm hoping that halibut is tasty.

5 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

The  “Catch of the day” was mackerel and it was the worst of the lot. Really dry, overcooked and tasteless

Well, never order "Catch of the day" on a cruise ship. Think of it, it doesn't make sense, right? 😉

• Haha 1