Anyone have pics or a review from Allure stateroom 14190?

Hello! My bestie and I have booked a cruise for January and Allure will be the largest ship I've cruised. The biggest was Freedom. I've searched the cabin threads and online for any info or pics of stateroom 14190 but have found no reviews. I'm hoping by chance someone here will have something? Or I guess that stateroom on any sister ships? We are SO excited and are starting all of our planning now! TIA

20 minutes ago, luckyprincess said:

Or I guess that stateroom on any sister ships?

That or just about any other 1 or 2 D balcony cabin will be very much like it - cruisedeckplans usually has something.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That or just about any other 1 or 2 D balcony cabin will be very much like it - cruisedeckplans usually has something.

I'm reading about a review on Harmony and they are saying there is an overhang that's annoying? Wish I could find pics! I can't really envision what they mean.

19 minutes ago, luckyprincess said:

I'm reading about a review on Harmony and they are saying there is an overhang that's annoying? Wish I could find pics! I can't really envision what they mean.

Do you mean specific to deck 14 or just your cabin?   

5 minutes ago, luckyprincess said:

Kind of both. I'm assuming the overhang they talked about was the whole deck but yes looking for 14190

My guess is you are at the end of

the hump.  So you can’t see as well toward the forward part.  Or maybe you can’t look directly up due to the overhang from deck 15.  Most folks would be looking out or down toward the water so not sure that would matter to most.  Maybe it blocks some of the sun, but again, for most that wouldn’t be a negative as the shade can be a blessing.  

Hopefully someone can chime in with experience in that cabin.  Just look where your cabin is and find some online pics and you can probably see your cabin balcony.  

Also, fyi, if their are other exact same category cabins available, you can switch.  Deck 8 or near is considered very ideal for Oasis class.  But don’t stress, you should have a blast no matter where you stay.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, topnole said:

My guess is you are at the end of

the hump.  So you can’t see as well toward the forward part.  Or maybe you can’t look directly up due to the overhang from deck 15.  Most folks would be looking out or down toward the water so not sure that would matter to most.  Maybe it blocks some of the sun, but again, for most that wouldn’t be a negative as the shade can be a blessing.  

Hopefully someone can chime in with experience in that cabin.  Just look where your cabin is and find some online pics and you can probably see your cabin balcony.  

Also, fyi, if their are other exact same category cabins available, you can switch.  Deck 8 or near is considered very ideal for Oasis class.  But don’t stress, you should have a blast no matter where you stay.  

Thank you! I always have chosen hump cabins as the balconies are usually a different shape/biger but also the ability to look forward and back is wonderful. I agree shade is nice on the balcony lol! I can go up to the decks for sun! I will check out some other decks thank you!

1 minute ago, luckyprincess said:

Thank you! I always have chosen hump cabins as the balconies are usually a different shape/biger but also the ability to look forward and back is wonderful. I agree shade is nice on the balcony lol! I can go up to the decks for sun! I will check out some other decks thank you!

If I were you I’d see if there is availability to switch cabins because you find the lower decks quite desirable.  Decks 6 and 8 are great for being close to a lot of fun things like Central Park or the Boardwalk (and the Promenade on deck 5).  It may be possible to move and probably worth your time to see.  

Been on Allure many times.  Great ship and you’ll have a blast.  Don’t miss the skating and aqua shows.  The bar back by the flowriders on deck 15 has some great chairs to watch the ocean go by and of course you are next to a bar.  And watching the flowriders is great fun too.  Win win.  

Enjoy 

3 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

Check this youtube for 14190 on Oasis:

The overhang looks like a plus to me.  Like I said in the prior post, more

shade and most people care about looking out and/or down, not up.  

3 minutes ago, topnole said:

The overhang looks like a plus to me.  Like I said in the prior post, more

shade and most people care about looking out and/or down, not up.  

Yeah, I should have added that it wouldn't bother me - at all 😉

But then again, I'm not a good judge because I wouldn't even care about the slide cutting through the balcony on NCL's Prima 🙃

image.png.99ce379561877766202b31c9ca9192fd.png

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, luckyprincess said:

Kind of both. I'm assuming the overhang they talked about was the whole deck but yes looking for 14190

I wouldn't be bothered by the overhang, but that room is directly under the pool deck for the main pool.  So you might have a lot of noise, even very early in the morning when the crew is dragging all the loungers right above you, washing down the deck, and setting them up for the day.  Then of course during the day, that's a very busy area right over you.  

image.thumb.png.f42fd314f901321568daa3dd55772236.png

2 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Yeah, I should have added that it wouldn't bother me - at all 😉

But then again, I'm not a good judge because I wouldn't even care about the slide cutting through the balcony on NCL's Prima 🙃

image.png.99ce379561877766202b31c9ca9192fd.png

That slide would definitely bother me.  Never seen that, but wow is that a strange eye sore.