marty playstead

marty playstead

Any "Cruise Ship" sightings (from saltwater) of the glow of Volcanoes around the Big Island of Hawaii?    Let's see a show of hands, who would like to snuggle up to Mauna Loa & sing/play "Let me stand next to your fire" by Jimi Hendrix?

10 hours ago, marty playstead said:

Any "Cruise Ship" sightings (from saltwater) of the glow of Volcanoes around the Big Island of Hawaii?    Let's see a show of hands, who would like to snuggle up to Mauna Loa & sing/play "Let me stand next to your fire" by Jimi Hendrix?

Always better to post something about content info in your title rather than your cc handle. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Princess specifically sails around the north of the Big Island of Hawaii. If no one here knows, try asking in the Ports of Call section of the board. Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I'd like to get a "Lava-Lamp" in our cabin, or out on the Balcony? (Just to keep me excited about possibly seeing the real thing)

28 minutes ago, marty playstead said:

I'd like to get a "Lava-Lamp" in our cabin, or out on the Balcony? (Just to keep me excited about possibly seeing the real thing)

OK.  Har, har, har.  Quite the comedian.

30 minutes ago, marty playstead said:

Those are not allowed to take OB.  😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've got a few more Questions. a) Does Princess still have "Princess-Patter" ?               b) Can we get a preview of activities/entertainment prior to sailing? It'd be nice to know if any comedians (other than Me & Vicki) will be entertaining passengers & crew.         c) Does Princess still have Ukelele lessons on the Hawaiian voyage?            d) Still have Bingo, & Karaoke?                                                             We like to prepare early (then wing-it)                                                                                                                               🧡to all, M&V

I know you are new to Cruise Critic and Welcome.  Please review your posts before hitting the Submit Reply blue button or edit for format.  

Yes, the Hawaii cruise will have Hawaiian Ambassadors onboard (depending on embarkation port).  Most will have ukulele lessons.

Currently, there is no activity at Hawaii Volcano National Park.  Most happen within a crater or caldera.  On rare occasion, there will be fissures that open up and fall into the ocean.  Most of the times it happens on the southeastern end of the island.  If that happens, it might be visible from ships that go to Kona (which most Princess ships don't do).  

Ukulele lessons? Yes. The immersion teams vary for the Hawaii runs, but here is the upcoming schedule for our favorite team: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2936827-elua-schedule-july-2023-april-2024/#comment-65359125

The Princess Patter has been renamed the Princess Event Listing. 

Before you leave, maybe a week or two, look at the Journey View part of the App, that is, if the App works for you.

There is a current thread about karaoke, but it seems hit or miss on different ships. The private rooms on the Majestic have been repurposed.

AFAIK, Princess does not post entertainer schedules.

Edited by mtnesterz