Carnival Pride Suite 6182 Post Dry Dock

el344

We are enjoying the completely renovated accessible Grand Suite 6182 on the Pride’s first cruise since a month long dry dock.

According to Antara, our steward, everything in the suite is brand new. And we’re all learning how it works.

There’s the really, really good stuff: there are 120 volt electrical outlets on BOTH sides of the bed and two USB slots on each bedside lamp. On the desk there are two more 120 volt outlets, one 220 volt outlet, and two more USB slots. We can each plug in our CPAP machines and charge our multiple devices without stringing 15’ extension cords across the room. All of which renders my multiple loooong extension cords and adapters surplus to requirements, I’m delighted to say.

More good stuff: there’s an automatic door opener out to the balcony and no threshold. The balcony is in great shape. No rust, clean new floors.

There are also automatic openers for both the cabin door and the bathroom. Not so good news: the doors cannot be held open or manually closed or even just touched without setting off a high pitched alarm that doesn’t stop until the door is allowed to close. And if you open the main door and then open the bathroom door before the main door closes, the bathroom door keeps the front door from closing, setting off the alarm on that door. Learning to keep our hands completely off a door until it completes its full cycle has been a slow and imperfect process for all of us, including our steward. Nonetheless, I love being able to get in and out of the cabin without assistance,

The bathroom is huge. It has both a roll in shower and a tub with lots of nicely placed grab bars. Oddly, the sink is not lowered for wheelchair access, and there could have been more counter space without affecting wheelchair access. The built-in Kleenex holder in the bathroom is too small to put a box of tissues in. There is no soap dish next to the sink. There is no shampoo, conditioner, or shower gel. There are two bars of Carnival soap.

The bad: There is virtually no light in the hall coming into the cabin. Fortunately I brought magnetic nightlights. Unfortunately the paneling on the walls makes most of them insufficiently magnetic to hold the lights up. They slide slowly down the wall. The door is still magnetic enough to hold the lights up.

For some reason, we didn’t have a phone. Antara said he’d been trying to get us one. No big deal, I thought, until the toilet — or I s it a head on a cruise ship? — started leaking the contents of the bowl when flushed. All over the floor. Then I really, really wished we had a phone since I had to go hunt down some way of reporting this crisis. Once the plumber came to fix it, we found out that it had happened yesterday morning. I do hope it’s fixed now. And shortly after that our phone arrived.

Both showers, the roll in and the one over the tub, are not wonderful. There are only hand held sprayers, the water pressure is very low, and the temperature is barely above lukewarm. 

While this is not specifically related to our cabin, I have been surprised at how many elevators there are and how fast they are. This is our first Carnival cruise. On both Celebrity and Princess the elevators were a constant source of frustration. I ride a small scooter, and sometimes four or five elevators would go by with too many people in them for me to get in. That hasn’t happened even once on this cruise.

• Like 3

On 5/30/2023 at 8:15 AM, el344 said:

While this is not specifically related to our cabin, I have been surprised at how many elevators there are and how fast they are. 

Spirit class ships have the lowest "passengers per elevator" in Carnival's fleet, at about 142, which is the primary metric I consider when picking a ship 🙂  Vista class has the highest, at 250-265 depending on the ship.

On 5/30/2023 at 12:08 PM, sunonfire said:

What about the ocean suites? Thanks!

And - the Vista Suites (4228)? I'd really love to hear about a remodel of those cabins - which might cause me not to cancel our Thanksgiving sailing!

I'd love to see any remodeled/suite photos from the Pride ! THESE are images of how 4228 looked over 20 years ago. I trust it's been updated (at least a little bit) since then? 

Please tell me that the tube TV and VCR are history !  😉

113658568irUkij_fs-XL.jpg

Tom

On 5/31/2023 at 12:24 PM, MayorDrafty said:

Spirit class ships have the lowest "passengers per elevator" in Carnival's fleet, at about 142, which is the primary metric I consider when picking a ship 🙂  Vista class has the highest, at 250-265 depending on the ship.

CC never fails to amaze me,  I had no idea their were elevator metrics, or even that someone’s first priority in choosing a ship would be the elevator metrics.  👍  To each their own.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

CC never fails to amaze me,  I had no idea their were elevator metrics, or even that someone’s first priority in choosing a ship would be the elevator metrics.  👍  To each their own.  

They don't.  I do. It's just a way for me to determine how crowded I think the ship will feel. 

7 hours ago, MayorDrafty said:

They don't.  I do. It's just a way for me to determine how crowded I think the ship will feel. 

Its all good with me, whatever your choices and reasons are.  Elevators in the aft by restaurant always seem the busiest to me

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Its all good with me, whatever your choices and reasons are.  Elevators in the aft by restaurant always seem the busiest to me

Hey Jimbo, if you see any recent Pride suite photos, give me a shout out 😊

Tom

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Hey Jimbo, if you see any recent Pride suite photos, give me a shout out 😊

Tom

While we almost ALWAYS go with VS on Spirit class, our next cruise on the Pride in July, we are taking two of our grand kids so they were not an option.

Edited by jimbo5544

On 5/31/2023 at 2:39 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

And - the Vista Suites (4228)? I'd really love to hear about a remodel of those cabins - which might cause me not to cancel our Thanksgiving sailing!

I'd love to see any remodeled/suite photos from the Pride ! THESE are images of how 4228 looked over 20 years ago. I trust it's been updated (at least a little bit) since then? 

Please tell me that the tube TV and VCR are history !  😉

113658568irUkij_fs-XL.jpg

Tom

I was in one as recently as last year, but it will be interesting to see what if much is changed.  We will be in THAT room on the Legend in September for Greenland cruise (no makeover).  4th floor by FAR the best.  

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

While we almost ALWAYS go with VS on Spirit class, our next cruise on the Pride in July, we are taking two of our grand kids so they were not an option.

Circumstances dictate...

Have fun!

Our first grandchild is due in a few weeks.

Tom

• Like 2