Lido open on port evenings?

bburf42

I’m on a 100% charter cruise and trying to compare what is typical on a cruise vs what is different on the charter. Is the Lido buffet open for dinner on the Westerdam while docked in Juneau? 

Yes, during the regular dinner buffet hours.  (5:30pm to 8:00 or 8:30 pm?) The buffet is also open with limited stations from 10:00pm  to 11:00pm.

Does your charter have different hours than that?

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

A full charter can do just about anything they want, for a price.  If they want the Lido closed 24/7, they could do it. Not saying they are in your case, but they could. 

I would say you need to wait until you get on board and find out what is happening. 

A charter is a charter. Anything less than a charter is a group ( possibly a large, medium or small group) on board,  but it's not a charter. Chartered cruises "own" the ship for the cruise,  groups don't change itineraries or shut down the Lido, they go the itinerary that was scheduled and use rooms or other spaces.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info. I am currently on the charter cruise, which we were assured several times that everything would be exactly the same as the typical cruise with exception for the additional entertainment which is the purpose of the charter cruise. So far the ‘typical’ isn’t the same so I’m just trying to see where the differences are.  Thank you!

5 minutes ago, oakridger said:

What are the LIdo Buffet hours on your charter @bburf42?

Today the Lido closed at 2 and didn’t re-open. Lots of surprised people getting back aboard with only room service as an option. We’re in port 1-830. 

• Thanks 1