Dining/Theatre Times

Waju

I've just been reminded, while reading another post, that I meant to ask a question when we got back from our Aurora cruise a couple of weeks ago.

We used to meet our friends in Carmens to watch the 7.30pm show and have a pre-dinner drink.  We were on late fixed dining, so just a trip downstairs to get to our table at 8.00pm but the show/band didn't finish until 8.15pm - which is the cut off time to get into the restaurant - this meant lots of people got up while the act was still on or had to rush to get to their table.

After dinner we liked to then go to the other end of the ship to the theatre to watch the show/singer etc at 10.30pm but usually dinner was over by 9.30pm/9.45pm which meant hanging around waiting for it to start.  Some nights we gave up and just went to bed.

Wouldn't it be better if dining times were 6.30pm and 8.30pm or if the entertainment programme was slightly altered to make everything flow better?  I'm sure it used to be like that.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Waju said:

I've just been reminded, while reading another post, that I meant to ask a question when we got back from our Aurora cruise a couple of weeks ago.

We used to meet our friends in Carmens to watch the 7.30pm show and have a pre-dinner drink.  We were on late fixed dining, so just a trip downstairs to get to our table at 8.00pm but the show/band didn't finish until 8.15pm - which is the cut off time to get into the restaurant - this meant lots of people got up while the act was still on or had to rush to get to their table.

After dinner we liked to then go to the other end of the ship to the theatre to watch the show/singer etc at 10.30pm but usually dinner was over by 9.30pm/9.45pm which meant hanging around waiting for it to start.  Some nights we gave up and just went to bed.

Wouldn't it be better if dining times were 6.30pm and 8.30pm or if the entertainment programme was slightly altered to make everything flow better?  I'm sure it used to be like that.

I wonder if this is a very recent change, as I could have sworn that when I was on Aurora late last year the MDR club dining sittings were at 6:30 and 8:30.

• Like 1

It certainly always used to be 6.30pm and 8.30pm. No idea if it’s changed as we switched to Freedom Dining when that was launched and haven’t moved back. However, from what we’ve been reading about the issues with Freedom Dining recently (following all the changes) if our experiences this summer are poor we may well be switching back to fixed dining!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Waju said:

That would be sensible. Therefore won't happen 😇

10 hours ago, Fionboard said:

On Arcadia now. Dining at 6.30 and 8.30 as per usual. Only ever had different time as I said, on Aurora in March. Northern lights cruise may be the reason for that perhaps.

That seems plausible. People on 2nd sitting wouldn't want dinner finishing too late if they would be going off the ship on an excursion afterwards in the hope of seeing the Northern Lights.

• Like 1