Check in problems with legal names

newbie202020

Hi, Canadian citizen here traveling from Vancouver to Alaska round trip. When I booked over the phone, I was told that their system can't accommodate my multiple middle names on my passport. They said it's ok if the registration only shows a few names and that I can fix this when I check in myself.

Well I just tried checking in on the app and it won't let me add my middle names to match my passport. Please let me know what I should do. Thanks 

1 hour ago, newbie202020 said:

Hi, Canadian citizen here traveling from Vancouver to Alaska round trip. When I booked over the phone, I was told that their system can't accommodate my multiple middle names on my passport. They said it's ok if the registration only shows a few names and that I can fix this when I check in myself.

Well I just tried checking in on the app and it won't let me add my middle names to match my passport. Please let me know what I should do. Thanks 

try just using the names you used to book. I have a similar situation. My husband's middle name did not fit on the form but is on his passport.  We have never had an issue.  

• Thanks 1

I have the same problem. my passport shows 3 christian names but I can only fit two into the Celebrity checkin system. It has never been a problem to miss one name off check in. Some times however three names appear on my sea pass my first and second christian names then my surname. This resulted in me being called Mr Jervis on Reflection last month which is one of my middle names but not realy a problem

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, newbie202020 said:

Is this Prince Harry?? 🙂

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, groryjm said:

I have the same problem. my passport shows 3 christian names but I can only fit two into the Celebrity checkin system. It has never been a problem to miss one name off check in. Some times however three names appear on my sea pass my first and second christian names then my surname. This resulted in me being called Mr Jervis on Reflection last month which is one of my middle names but not realy a problem

Is there a limit on "Christian" names as opposed to "Jewish," "Muslim," "Buddhist," "Hindi"  or any other names that might be used by a passenger?

Do you really mean first name, second or third names, and surname?