The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday June 3rd, 2023

richwmn

Thanks for the Fleet locations and the Daily reports.

Lovely to see all the photos of Dover, Canterbury and surrounding area. We lived in Kent for a year, so the photos bring back many happy memories, thank you all.

It's a colder day, raining.

• Like 13

4 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Hate to be negative, but today is not Chinese Dragon Boats Festival.  It is on the fifth day of the fifth month on the Chinese Lunar Calendar.  Thus it varies every year from sometime in May to sometime in June.  Last year it was on 3 June.  This year it will be on 22 June and next year (2024) on 10 June.  I looked it up because when I asked my DW if she knew today was Dragon Boats Festival day she said "No, it is not."

When I was stationed on Taiwan we enjoyed this time of the year because there were so many Chinese and American holidays and we got to celebrate all of them.

Ray

Thank you! That explains why DD in Taiwan didn’t mention Dragon Boat Festival. It also means I still have time to make Zongzi before the actual day.

• Like 9

20 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We had two wonderful days in Dover while sailing on Prinsendam, Sept. 2018 and May 2019.  The first time we took a double decker bus to the White Cliffs of Dover visitor center and began our hike along the trails there.  Here is our view though from the ship before we left it that morning.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKismqLU8pdUooE38uNyrIv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1538525593

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMCcoqVPKUHY_BxJ0BEQS0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1538525652

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI0dtp8ohvzg5NV2_npxM8_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1538525659

On the path you could see where the Prinsendam was docked (right) and over to Dover Castle.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFg7Yun095xBpplfBAv938?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1538560978

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIOkj0SO9krRp-CCdq7Agcq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1538525687

We reached a photo spot where people were taking photos so of course did the same.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLpL_5Myy5bVMjDoY1PDVtn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1538560991

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOPjzIeh35xKQZe2QOP7x9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1538561019

There were horses in the area.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIocwvFrussgo5W_xrnDPtU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1538525727

Lots more trail to go.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIu28s5ep2drKk2xXG1_5hU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1538525867

The farther you went the sparser the trail became00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVITSoWUd4kEgD_sA-g3HLmB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1538525927

At the end of the trail was the Victorian style lighthouse which of course had to have scaffolding around it to spoil the view.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIYgBhrG4__pfS3KTdz22o6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1538561121

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI3HL1Rl88mBhLeRMkO_vF6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1538525963

Knowing the schedule the bus had for returns we decided we'd better leave and hustle if we were going to make the next hourly ride.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKrsmtuBvNNO_LdzOlnDQXK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1538561138

We could see the bus enter the parking lot from a quarter mile away, so broke into a jog and ran back just in time to jump onboard before the driver left.  Whew!  Thankfully we were five years younger then!  Nevertheless we enjoyed that visit to Dover.

I think I'll have breakfast now and take a look later for some photos from our 2019 visit when we stayed in town instead of walking the trails of the White Cliffs. 

Excellent photos Sandi.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you Graham @grapau27 for Father David’s sermon.

Glad you are back and the only problem was your phone.

Terri

Many thanks Terri.

Father David was moved with the nice comments about him and his sermons.

We have known him for over 20 years and he is a genuine great guy.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1