Vista 7107

elidance

hi all,

just wondering if anyone who has been on Vista stayed in this PH3 - very curious about the balcony especially (space and view), and the comfort of the sofa bed.  i'm so excited based on all of the Vista reviews, just curious if anyone stayed in this cabin yet 🙂  thank you!

On 6/3/2023 at 11:45 AM, elidance said:

hi all,

just wondering if anyone who has been on Vista stayed in this PH3 - very curious about the balcony especially (space and view), and the comfort of the sofa bed.  i'm so excited based on all of the Vista reviews, just curious if anyone stayed in this cabin yet 🙂  thank you!

Hi Elidance.  I'm following as well as we have this stateroom booked for our 1/9/2024 Caribbean cruise.  It is one of the few PH's that had accommodations for 3, which we need as well.  On the Riviera, the sofa bed was fine for our 3rd guest. Had some discussions with our TA and appears that the balcony is not one of the wider ones (hence the PH3 designation, instead of PH2).  We also had concerns in that when we pulled up the deck plans, it is listed as "accessible' just like the standard veranda next to it.  The difference was that it does not have the wheelchair image like the veranda next door.  Our TA called O (prior to the ships first sailings) and was told that none of their literature shows it as "accessible", and that it is a standard PH3 room.  

I was conversing with another CC friend (who I communicate with outside of CC), and he had his TA inquire about the same thing (as his TA books a lot more O cruise than ours does) and was confirmed  that it is indeed a standard PH3 room.  

Relief to us - one, we don't need/want an accessible room, and two, we would not want to take one from someone who did need it.

Edited by DENIE
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, elidance said:

Denie, will you please respond after your January cruise as to what you thought of this room and balcony for 7107?  i don't think we can change it now anyway, just curious 🙂 thank you so much!

Keep checking your cruise  for other  cabins available  if you want to change

As soon as you see one  that you want contact your TA or O rep  & ask for it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryulmer said:

How do you check the cruise for available cabins?

You can call your TA or O-rep, do a mock booking on the O website (although it only shows ~7 cabins at a time), or do a mock booking on one of the large cruise seller sites (can't say which one I use to check cabin availability due to CC rules).

8 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

You can call your TA or O-rep, do a mock booking on the O website (although it only shows ~7 cabins at a time), or do a mock booking on one of the large cruise seller sites (can't say which one I use to check cabin availability due to CC rules).

Don't know if you tried this, but checking show more or something like that pages through all the available staterooms.  At least it worked for us.

1 minute ago, 1985rz1 said:

Don't know if you tried this, but checking show more or something like that pages through all the available staterooms.  At least it worked for us.

I thought it just randomly showed more (including repeat numbers). I vaguely remember keeping track of the room numbers and refreshing until I was confident that I had all of the available cabins...tedious. There is at least one public site where you can see all of the cabins available (by deck) for each category (e.g., B2).

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

We were in 7123 and have booked 7109 on the Allura for 2025.  Balcony for 7123 was deep and great, but 7109 is even better as it has the plexiglass on one side as well as straight ahead. I went in it as we were disembarking and the door was wide open.  7107 is right next door and does not have the expansive balcony. It is a PH, so the balcony is wide, but not extra deep- you need to be in 7109 or aft of that. On the port side, 7108 is like 7109 as are the cabins aft of that.  They are all PH2, except for the very aft cabins which are PH1 because the balconies wrap around. I was able to get that cabin on the Vista in 2025- when I booked it, the only cabin on the ship that had been taken was the starboard one and I got the port one- they are 7127 snd 7124.

If you don’t need the sofabed and are willing to pay a little more, I would get on the waitinglist to move further back. The extra depth of the balcony allows for two lounges and a table and 2 chairs with loads of space around it. If you are to have the standard balcony of 7107, you might want to take a PH on deck 10 and be just one deck below the executive lounge- we never went there as it was easier to get to baristas. 

Hi all, we just got back from a 12-day Caribbean cruise on Vista, and stayed in 7107.  The cruise overall was fantastic, and i'll post a review elsewhere eventually.  the staff are phenomenal and work incredibly hard.   we had previously sailed on Regatta to Alaska.  this was our first penthouse room, which we chose because we were sailing with our mom and needed a 3-person room.  very limited choices on Vista!  i was worried about the balcony, but we typically don't use cruise balconies very much b/c we have found them windy and prefer to be out by the pool, etc.  the penthouse room was beautiful.  perfect for the three of us.  2 sinks in the bathroom, huge beautiful shower, etc.  poor water pressure from rain showerhead but the handheld was sufficient for when you needed to rinse out shampoo, etc.  beds are heaven.  the sofa bed - with extra duvets on the mattress, was comfortable enough as well.  we were disappointed in the balcony.  the balcony was not as wide as the room.  the balcony for our neighbors on the left extended beyond our left window.  and then the balcony on the right jutted straight out, and people on that balcony can see directly into our room (see pictures.)  there is definitely not enough room for a lounger.  my mom enjoyed sitting on our balcony and thankfully there weren't people out at the edge of the balcony next door very often.  but just wanted to share our experience.  if a balcony is important to you - would choose another room.  i feel like our balcony was the size of a smaller room, but i'm not totally sure.  on the up side - it actually wasn't windy!  it was nice sitting on the balcony.  also - i loved the location of our room, in the aft of the ship.  the restaurants are aft, the lounges etc more forward.  sorry for long post!  

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

elidance - thank you so much for the photos!  This is more or less as our TA advised it would look (and I could tell looking at the floorplan).  Glad you liked the room.  We were in the same situation - needed a room to accommodate a 3rd person (wife's sister), and there were so few choices available with a Penthouse.

• Like 1

just wanted to say that we loved our room, it's just that the balcony was smaller than anticipated and the fact that our neighbors could see into our room was disappointing.  but the penthouse room was beautiful, and the balcony was still enjoyable.  have a wonderful trip everyone - Vista is magnificent!  will post a review asap.