NCL Dawn poor performance by room steward so far

SpainAlien

On 6/12/2023 at 5:22 AM, DCGuy64 said:

And I'd rather deal with positive, cheerful people who look for the upside to things and don't allow minor issues to ruin their, and everyone else's vacation. This as opposed to Debbie Downers whose only purpose in life seems to be to carp, whine and complain about everything like it's the end of the world. But hey, that's just me. If you want to join the constant complainers, have at it! 😉

Please show me where I have been a Debbie Downer and how I am joining them. 

I will continue to rail against the malcontents who fling their little barbs and personal attacks at every opportunity. It's cruel, it drives away new posters, and it makes other posters afraid to disagree with this (fairly set) group of bullies. Which is probably the point. Just that little knife turning of "you are so stupid", "how dare you even think that/criticize that", "I'm more superior than you are" (regardless if bitter pill has even read the post for comprehension - you know, like mine.) But I will say this, this group is really good at the bullying. And the personal attacks on posters, when they are complaining about an event, a ship, or even a group behaving badly, well, they are really good at that too. 

I don't know why people like to bully. But I'm not one of them, and I will continue to call them out. And judging by the number of thumbs up and other references that comment got, I'm not the only one tired of far this site has degraded in terms of how some people treat others. So I'll call it out when I see it, and no doubt some personal attack on something unrelated will occur, but I can take it. I'll fight for the ones who really get hurt by bullies. The bullies don't care that someone reads a comment that destroys their confidence or happiness for some period of time. But there are still decent people on the Internet who will call out this poor behavior. I am tired of seeing good people apologize and try to rewrite a comment because some bully came along and manipulated their words. Screw the bullies.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

I will continue to rail against the malcontents who fling their little barbs and personal attacks at every opportunity. It's cruel, it drives away new posters, and it makes other posters afraid to disagree with this (fairly set) group of bullies. Which is probably the point. Just that little knife turning of "you are so stupid", "how dare you even think that/criticize that", "I'm more superior than you are" (regardless if bitter pill has even read the post for comprehension - you know, like mine.) But I will say this, this group is really good at the bullying. And the personal attacks on posters, when they are complaining about an event, a ship, or even a group behaving badly, well, they are really good at that too. 

I don't know why people like to bully. But I'm not one of them, and I will continue to call them out. And judging by the number of thumbs up and other references that comment got, I'm not the only one tired of far this site has degraded in terms of how some people treat others. So I'll call it out when I see it, and no doubt some personal attack on something unrelated will occur, but I can take it. I'll fight for the ones who really get hurt by bullies. The bullies don't care that someone reads a comment that destroys their confidence or happiness for some period of time. But there are still decent people on the Internet who will call out this poor behavior. I am tired of seeing good people apologize and try to rewrite a comment because some bully came along and manipulated their words. Screw the bullies.

There are about 3 or 4 of them the post/bully on every single post.  At this point, I just laugh if it's something related to a post of mine and I try really hard to just let them be them.  But sometimes, I can't :)  The worst I've seen is someone telling a mother that she wasn't raising her children right!!!  Just WOW

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@ChiefMateJRK I once had a 3 Mudslide wait. Does that count? It was a great start to the cruise! It was raining outside so this was in the Atrium bar and there was a wonderful pianist in the atrium.  Getting to know the bartenders on day one is a positive in my book.

(but I still like a clean cabin at some point on embarkation day.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

@ChiefMateJRK I once had a 3 Mudslide wait. Does that count? It was a great start to the cruise! It was raining outside so this was in the Atrium bar and there was a wonderful pianist in the atrium.  Getting to know the bartenders on day one is a positive in my book.

(but I still like a clean cabin at some point on embarkation day.)

Absolutely!  So you had to start your cruise with several nice drinks while enjoying the rain and listening to some great music?  All on a cruise ship with many fun days ahead?  Yeah, that sounds like a whole lot less fun than running to a cabin first thing to unpack suitcases that won't even show up for a few hours......🤣

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 9:50 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

This is how cabin waiting times are to be measured for all future cruises.  My first cruise in April had a nominal two beer wait, but that's because I had two beers at lunch even though the cabin was ready.  The next cruise (second leg of the B2B) had a negative 63 beer wait, because my cabin was ready seven days ago.  Most cruises run about a two to three beer wait.

While I like the yard stick approach of the 2 beer wait, I do have some concerns for new cruisers reading this.

Let us not limit ourselves to the 2 beer wait, let us aim higher #know your limits 😆, enjoy the surroundings and company and remember the room will always be there when we joyously make our way to it full of happy juice!  

P.S. I have never experienced the 'wait' .. probably because we were well under way (pun intended) by the time I felt the need to find the nest. 

Happy waiting 🍻!

Edited by WexIrl
Whos round is it?
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

I don't know why people like to bully ... I'll call it out when I see it, and no doubt some personal attack on something unrelated will occur, but I can take it. I'll fight for the ones who really get hurt by bullies. The bullies don't care that someone reads a comment that destroys their confidence or happiness for some period of time. But there are still decent people on the Internet who will call out this poor behavior. I am tired of seeing good people apologize and try to rewrite a comment because some bully came along and manipulated their words. 

Bravo ... among the tools at our disposal, put them on your "Ignore" list.  Don't respond, don't reply, don't acknowledge, don't give them the satisfaction, don't read and just continue on as if they don't exist ... that's one way to manage cyber life here on CC.  Don't quote and don't refer to it - just post what you want to say & think.  I've been here long enough to recognize - don't lose temper and add & sometimes pack lots of humors into the posts.  Make it a win-win by agreeing to disagree, it's not either my/their way or the highway.   If I get flamed for this, so be it - give it a thumbs up is more than enough, no need to say or write anything further.  

Cheers to you over an icy chilled latte (since I don't go for alcoholic beverages ... about all that money DW and I saved & spent pampering ourselves in other ways when we travel, cruise and take vacations, etc.)  

P.S.  Issues lately with housekeeping, sadly, falls on the room attendant or steward when in fact, IMHO, is a direct and indirect reflection of NCL management & its practices, spilling over to DSC and tipping, etc. etc. 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 3

These days it will be even more important to get to the cabin reasonably early to give it the once over to see it is really ready for occupation  before the housekeeping team shut down for the day around 5pm maybe 6pm.

We do quite a few colder cruises so travel tends to include warm clothing not needed in the ship.

Its nice to get those off, check the cabin for any adjustments, see the steward to put in our standing orders then head back to the bar while those thing get sorted.

Well worth the 5-10mins out of our boarding drinking schedule.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

I agree completely ! 

.... Though I may get banned for saying so

As I read through the many (What I would consider ) harassing posts here ...

It blows my mind what i just got warned by CC for . 

Cheers !

• Like 2
  • Haha 3