Drinking water systems and refillable containers.

Meander Ingwa

Reading comments here about water, water bottles and water retention.

Are there some water systems that have higher sodium levels than others? I know my body does not do well with that issue.  Does anyone know what Viking uses

I personally prefer to fill my own metal flask than taking plastic water bottles.  Are there filling stations or have those gone away to mitigate touch point contamination 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Meander Ingwa said:

Are there some water systems that have higher sodium levels than others? I know my body does not do well with that issue.  Does anyone know what Viking uses

I personally prefer to fill my own metal flask than taking plastic water bottles.  Are there filling stations or have those gone away to mitigate touch point contamination 

FW on ships is predominantly from evaps or RO's, so zero sodium content. This is consistent with most, if not all current cruise ships.

Viking has a potable water tap in the World Cafe which can be used to fill a flask. They request you do not fill it directly to eliminate potential for cross contamination. The cabin stewards also deliver a fresh jug of potable water to the cabin twice per day. They also supply unlimited bottled water at the gangway to take ashore. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Meander Ingwa said:

My problem with shipboard water is that it has such low mineral levels as to have, in the words of Pogo Possum, “too much of a tasteless taste”.