Docking ? Kobe, Kyoto, and Osaka Japan

kayakcove

Thought about putting this question in roll call area, but think it impacts several sailings. I saw a posting indicating the Osaka - Tempozan Passenger Terminal is closed until April 2024. We are on the ‘Best of Japan’ October 12th sailing.  They made a change in the itinerary between Kobe and Kyoto, which got me looking closer looking for port information. 

Does anyone know where we will actually dock for those stops which also cover Osaka? Thinking terms of excursion options other than Celebrity offerings which seem to be limited.

3 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

According CruiseMapper website you will be docking at the Kobe port.  I am on the sailing the 24th and that is where we are docking also.

Does your sailing show them as different stops?   As of now our itinerary show them as different stops. Below is copy from 'manage your booking'.  The times do match up with Cruisemapper.

DAY 3,Sat, Oct 14
KobeJapanArrival: 11:59AM
DAY 4,Sun, Oct 15
KobeJapanDeparts: 5:00AM
DAY 4,Sun, Oct 15
Kyoto (Osaka)JapanArrival: 8:00AM
DAY 5,Mon, Oct 16
Kyoto (Osaka)JapanDeparts: 4:00PM

I was just reviewing the roll call for the September 30 sailing with the same itinerary and sounds like they are showing the same times, but also as 2 stops in their Celebrity info.  I will ask my TA to double check. They have shown as 2 stops since I switched to Milli last year after they dropped Solstice in Asia. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2023 at 1:15 PM, kayakcove said:

Thought about putting this question in roll call area, but think it impacts several sailings. I saw a posting indicating the Osaka - Tempozan Passenger Terminal is closed until April 2024. We are on the ‘Best of Japan’ October 12th sailing.  They made a change in the itinerary between Kobe and Kyoto, which got me looking closer looking for port information. 

Does anyone know where we will actually dock for those stops which also cover Osaka? Thinking terms of excursion options other than Celebrity offerings which seem to be limited.

Also affecrs us Oct 2024, but perhaps could br different by then.

As previously mentioned, in 2018 we docked in Kobe.  Took the Speed Train to Kyoto for the day, and then took the train to Osaka for a half day.  I think we took a cab to the train station in Kobe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...