Review By A Mom-sun 03/04/06

logger

Just Thought Would Leave A Few Thoughts Regarding Our First Cruise Adventure With Our Three Kids-2, 8 And 13 Yr Old. Of All The Kids I Must Say That The 13-yr Old Had The Most Fun- Ncl Has An Excellent Teen Program. She Had A Group Of 8-10 And Really Enjoyed Herself. I Was Going To Bed When She Was Going Out! The 8- Yr Old Also Had Fun, But More Interested In Shooting Hoops, A Little Disappointed In No Batting Cage. As Far As The 2-yr Old, She Did Fine. We Did Take A Beeper As She Did Have A Meltdown Early Week And We Did Not Want Her Upset, Although Beeper Never Went Off.

Kids Ate Most Meals At Buffet And Did Not Mind-easy-when Their Hungry Thay Can Eat. Ncl Staff Was Extremley Friendly And Helpful, Although I Cannot Say That About All Fellow Passengers! My Kids Said Excuse Me And Thank You More Often Than Alot Of Adults!!! If You Don,t Want To Get Wet-you Shouldn't Be In The Pool!

Cabin Was Great For Family Of Five-enough Room And Comfortable-great Towel Animals!

Did The Dolphin Encounter In Tortola-wonderful!!!! Kids And Dad Had A Awesome Time. This Was Are Only Booked Excursion-had Friend In Tortola Ho Was Our Guide For The Day, Samana: Tendering Was Awful-especially With Kids And Line-ups! Just Explored Around Town, St Thomas: Explored And Shopped.gsc- Kids Snorkeled And Had A Great Time On The Beach.tendering Went Very Smoothly.

All In All We Definitely Would Cruise Ncl Again With Kids A Great Vacation ! If You Have Any Questions Please Feel Free To Ask!

If You Don,t Want To Get Wet-you Shouldn't Be In The Pool!

I have two questions:

- WhY Do YoU tYpE eAcH wOrD wItH a CaPiTaL ? It's very hard to read.

- Oftentimes I may want to sit at the edge of a pool, and cool my legs, without getting my hair wet, or washing off the sunscreen on my shoulders & back. I would ABSOLUTELY resent your children if they were excessively splashing in the pool without consideration for other passengers. I'm sure that's NOT what they were doing, but it sounds as though other passengers THOUGHT that's what they were doing.

I have two questions:

- WhY Do YoU tYpE eAcH wOrD wItH a CaPiTaL ? It's very hard to read.

If you type in ALL capital letters, it will default to this style. It is easier to read than the perceived shouting of all capital letters!

I can read your review also; sometimes all caps does create a problem but it never has bothered me unless it is a blast statement> Then it appears to be shouting. I have a question: did they offer a special on laundry? Some of the ships will offer a special: 1 laundry bag for X number of $$s. It is a great deal and cuts down on just how much we need to pack. NMNita

Thanks for your review. We're traveling with an 11 and 3 y.o. in a few weeks. I'm wondering if you took your 2 y.o. on the Dolphin Encounter? Did you take him/her on any other excursions? Were you able to leave the ship and enroll your 2 y.o. in the group babysitting?

Thanks!

We had a 11 yr old girl travelling with us-she loved kids crew:Caribbean party, survivor night,kids crew dinner,pajama party,scavanger hunts, bedhead breakfasts, also attended shows at stardust lounge. Teen Club offered tons:Kickoff party, going out for lunches and breakfasts, shows at stardust, movies, Murder mystery dinner, karaole, pajama party, deck party, and lots more. This program was ron extremely well. Once she got there on the first night and got past the nervousness of meeting new kids-she has a blast. She is e-mailing some of the girls that she met-There was 2-3 boys there.

We had a friend pick us up in Tortola and take us to watch the others at the Dolphin Encounter. They charged $5.00 for the adults to watch. She did not participate. In Samana and St. Thomas we put her in the stroller and explored but did not have any specific excursions booked. In Samana they love to put shells and dolls in her lap-hoping the Mom and Dad would buy.

Archived