Success Cake - or not?

What was that?

5 minutes ago, What was that? said:

Friends aboard the Viking Star right now say they have not found Success Cake. Does anybody know where it has gone, or why? Inquiring minds want to know!

Did they go to Mamsen Deli in Explorer Lounge? it is only served there.

I will be on the Viking Jupiter on Monday and will report on Success Cake right away. Stay tuned !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It should be there at lunch too.  I have been known to walk there from the World Cafe and get 4 pieces on a plate for our lunch table.  They are always very agreeable to let me take it back to the World Cafe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

It should be there at lunch too.  I have been known to walk there from the World Cafe and get 4 pieces on a plate for our lunch table.  They are always very agreeable to let me take it back to the World Cafe.

Why would they not be “agreeable” to that?

1 hour ago, CDNPolar said:

Have you nothing better to do than make useless comments like this?  Really?

I thought I might learn something I didn’t know.

Perhaps not.

Well, John & Beverley finally had success in their quest for Success Cake! Maybe the message I sent to the Viking Star had something to do with it, or maybe not...

"Dear Viking Star,

I have received a report from our friends on board, John & Beverley XXXXX (cabin XXXX), that they have been unable to find any Success Cake on board. My wife and I sang the praises of this delightful pastry, and made sure they knew that it is only available in Mamsen's, but no luck. Please tell me that they are just confused by all the free wine, and they just need to ask their room steward to lead them there..."

John sent the following message with the photo attached: "Super Fred can leap tall buildings in a single bound, is faster then a speeding Bullet and can find Success Cake from 5,000 miles away.

The Success Cake was GREAT!!!"

IMG_2739.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2