"with lunch and dinner" House Select Beverage Package ?

DachshundsRule

4 minutes ago, DachshundsRule said:

If I order a glass of wine before dinner, in a lounge of bar, is this included in the House Select beverage package? The "with lunch and dinner" wording is making me nervous.

No, it is not included.

4 minutes ago, DachshundsRule said:

Ack! Thanks.

I just remembered...the OLife option is going to have a change in (I think) July-ish, but details have not been released to the public. The word on the street says that people already signed up for the OLife option will have the choice of keeping the existing plan or switching to the new plan (or of course dropping the OLife option). I would wait to see what the new plan contains if you are not sailing soon.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

Better selections than I expected.

There may be some exceptions in the Specialties   but just ask  if included before you order 

2 hours ago, SATaxman said:

Better selections than I expected.

Ya think, I'm not a big wine drinker but I can usually only find one or two that I can tolerate. I'll see what I think this time next week, oh wait, I didn't get the drink package, I went for excursions this time. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 2:47 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

I just remembered...the OLife option is going to have a change in (I think) July-ish, but details have not been released to the public. The word on the street says that people already signed up for the OLife option will have the choice of keeping the existing plan or switching to the new plan (or of course dropping the OLife option). I would wait to see what the new plan contains if you are not sailing soon.

I heard that the new plan will be more expensive than what we booked. The drinks will be at lunch or dinner only. We don't eat lunch and enjoy poolside drinks so this package doesn't sound good for us. Everyone is different. 

On 6/18/2023 at 12:47 AM, SSFrance69 said:

You can upgrade your package to premium, which includes all drinks, at any hour. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall it was $30PP/PD. We did it, so we could go care free. 

No one knows for sure yet precisely what the new "Simply MORE" programme will include.  Supposedly all will be revealed on 1 July.   But if things are as expected then if you have the Simply MORE programme wines at meals will be included and you can upgrade to the full programme for $30.   

12 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

No one knows for sure yet precisely what the new "Simply MORE" programme will include.  Supposedly all will be revealed on 1 July.   But if things are as expected then if you have the Simply MORE programme wines at meals will be included and you can upgrade to the full programme for $30.   

That's a crazy amount $60x16= $960 for dinner wine drinkers like us. I buy great wines in port and pay $25 corkage.  There are also a number of parties where they serve alcohol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

That's a crazy amount $60x16= $960 for dinner wine drinkers like us. I buy great wines in port and pay $25 corkage.  There are also a number of parties where they serve alcohol.

I believe that $30 pp pd is for the full alcohol package anytime, as in the current prestige package.  But the included wines are the same for both packages at this time.

• Like 1

We prefer to not worry about costs.  Don't want to be sitting down for lunch, ordering bloody marys and then wonder how much we will pay...  To us it is worthwhile getting it all included.  And these days with the USD where it is, we get a 10% discount anyway.  More sometimes...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

I believe that $30 pp pd is for the full alcohol package anytime, as in the current prestige package.  But the included wines are the same for both packages at this time.

Thanks. Then it's definitely not worth it for us.

4 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I think the current $30 pp per day is for wine and beer at lunch only.  for the full package it is $69 pp/day.

Yes, the $30 pp pd refers to the amount needed to upgrade from the standard package.

16 minutes ago, Sujormik said:

Are the wines listed on the O website as available in the various dining areas offered for the “lunch & dinner” package or is there a more limited list?

Just about any wine by the glass on the menu is in both drink packages

There are bar menus posted in this thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2904150-riviera-new-bar-drinks-menus-and-prices/

Subject to availability of course