Spirit bow access: when and where?

quack2

They opened it when we came to Hubbard a couple of weeks ago. Don't remember what deck access was though. 

Correcting myself: what was opened up was a small front-facing observation area. Not the actual bow. My recollection (that may very well be wrong!) says around deck 12-13

Edited by Asawi

I don't think that the NCL spirit allows passengers out to the bow area.  

image.png.2718fcaabee0d040862c5f564c615c11.png

In this image, I do not see where there would be access for passengers on the bow.  I see that the area on deck 13 around the spinnaker skylight is normally closed off, and perhaps that will be opened up.

While it is neat to take some pics from the bow, I have never found the glacier views to be better.  I've been on several on Jewel class ships, and I prefer viewing from the deck 7 promenade area.  I'll be on the Spirit in July, and I'm looking forward to viewing glaciers and wildlife from the very open after section (Spice H2O).

We purchased the ncl Hubbard glacier excursion on the Allen Marine tour boat to get us up close to the glacier. The small boat can get through the ice and then back away from glacier when the calving creates good size waves. You can stay inside and keep warm but it’s only a couple hours so I opted to brave the elements and hear the cracking of the ice and be just a bit more up close.  It’s not cheap but definitely worth it imo.  Here’s pictures of where we left the ship which didn’t get any closer.  And then un zoomed pics of how close the Allen marine tour boat gets and the amount of ice it had to get through. You might be able to get closer later in the season or have a better view on a clearer day. 
IMG_9455.thumb.jpeg.3a463b59cdb2184354f617735382f283.jpegIMG_9893.thumb.png.90b454084e9c7d2b1a42a43f06aace50.pngIMG_9894.thumb.png.d623f6d389a7ddd63076572eaa8b927e.pngIMG_9895.thumb.png.c7f8fc67e77d0dee2eb90b9ae3ff944d.png