Does anyone know if or when lobstor or crab legs are served in the main (free) dining rooms on NCL?

tanjan4evr

13 minutes ago, COcruise said:

Love it!! Will they do special requests for food off the menu? Planning to spend more time reading through this thread for tips but I’ll take any and all topics, especially food wise 

I have a Crab Cake Benedict delivered to my room every morning. It is not on the menu anymore but they can make it. 

Edited by fastpitchdad
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, COcruise said:

Love it!! Will they do special requests for food off the menu? Planning to spend more time reading through this thread for tips but I’ll take any and all topics, especially food wise 

We usually mix & match from the Haven menu.   DH loves to order shrimp cocktail and as they have those nice sized shrimp available as part of a menu appetizer, it's an easy one.

Others have reported requesting something one day for dinner the next.  Or as noted above, asking for Crab Cakes (dinner menu) to be available the next morning for Crab Cake Benedict.  (I've really got to try that one!)

Edited by Sand and Seas
  • Like 2

On 6/8/2023 at 5:25 AM, luv2kroooz said:

Don't think I've seen complimentary crab legs on any cruise line. Best bet would be to try princess to Alaska for crab legs.

Disney used to have crab legs on their buffet years ago IDK if they still do.

Have to say those in Haven suites without a Haven restaurant do seem to miss out on any lobster options. It seems they give an option for breakfast and lunch with an upgrade suite-like menu, but stuck in the MDR for dinner with no special menu. Bummer since I would have done the "surf and surf" most nights!

On 6/9/2023 at 2:27 PM, MoCruiseFan said:

The lobster on our CCL cruise was almost as nasty as their half cooked dripping with grease late night pizza.  Marine Corps boot camp food was far better than anything we ate on CCL.

On Princess some years back, we had giant prawns one night, and I think maybe langoustines another night. We thought both were better than the lobster tail we were served near the end of the cruise..