Anything going on in FLL end of Feb and beginning of March?

phabric

I have a cruise for February 24 to March 2 out of FLL.

I am planning hotel stays 3 night before and 2 nights after either beach area or 17th St hotels.

I am wondering if there any events, concerts, spring breaks planned around that time so I can plan on which area to stay?

7 hours ago, phabric said:

I have a cruise for February 24 to March 2 out of FLL.

I am planning hotel stays 3 night before and 2 nights after either beach area or 17th St hotels.

I am wondering if there any events, concerts, spring breaks planned around that time so I can plan on which area to stay?

Here’s some of the events.  There are always events there.  

https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/government/departments-a-h/city-manager-s-office/strategic-communications/event-calendar-list-view/-sortn-EDate/-sortd-desc

8 hours ago, FOPMan said:

Anything going on in either space will affect the other.

Tortuga Festival, Air show, and a bunch of other things often happen in that timespace.

Those are in April and May:

Tortuga Festival is usually in mid-April (the dates haven't been announced yet but I've seen the weekend of April 14 - 16 mentioned). 

The Air Show is usually in late April/early May.

@phabric - The first 3 days before the cruise may be higher priced than the 2 days after the cruise because that is a popular school vacation week (Monday, February 19 is a federal holiday - President's Day).  The 2 days after the cruise should be more 'reasonable' because it is before the spring break crowds of college students start to arrive (usually starting the second week in March).

Best thing to do at this point is a hotel price search.  You will quickly see if something is going on as hotels will have high prices or be sold out.  Did this for my upcoming cruise 9 months out and was shocked at the prices - luckily was able to find one using points (but now still 5 months out I am no longer able to book using points, so glad I jumped on it - you can always cancel!).

The South Beach Wine & Food Festival is February 22 - 25, but there are also scheduled events in and around the Fort Lauderdale area, which draws a lot of people to the area.

Spring Break usually begins the end of February / first week of March.