Ship Tour and Crab Shack Questions

Nightowl11

We will be on the Crown next week and my sister has asked me 4 times now if they still do the Ship Tour.  I can't find the answer through the search bar.    Also, on another post, they said that Crab Shack is Back but I can't find any info on it on the Princess website.  If anyone is on the Crown or an Alaskan cruise right now, are they currently having the Crab Shack and if so, which days?  And if anyone remembers from years past, what days did they normally have it for a 10 day with 4 sea days, 1 glacier cruising day and 5 ports?  Thanks.

As of last month, they still have not started doing the behind the scenes ship tours.  Was told they are hoping to bring them back.  As for crab, there is a major shortage of crab with the closing of most of the Alaskan crab commercial fishing for the last three years. You will not see a lot of crab on the cruise ships this season in Alaska. 

3 hours ago, Nightowl11 said:

We will be on the Crown next week and my sister has asked me 4 times now if they still do the Ship Tour.  I can't find the answer through the search bar.    Also, on another post, they said that Crab Shack is Back but I can't find any info on it on the Princess website.  If anyone is on the Crown or an Alaskan cruise right now, are they currently having the Crab Shack and if so, which days?  And if anyone remembers from years past, what days did they normally have it for a 10 day with 4 sea days, 1 glacier cruising day and 5 ports?  Thanks.

Looks like Crab Shack  it is back on Alaska cruises.

Here’s the thread that was started!

Don’t know when each ship will start it.

We were on the Crown in February. The Ultimate Ship Tour was advertised in the Patter so we signed up. They didn't know what day or time it would be. A few days later we were cancelled. So maybe they will add it back some day? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 1:56 AM, Nightowl11 said:

The Princess website now shows the Crab Shack as a Specialty Dining option.  It is only available on select ships (Discovery is one of them) and only on Alaska cruises. I have not yet figured out if reservations are required OR how to make them if required. I think you'll need to make a reservation onboard via the Dine Line (I found that info a few days ago but now can't find it on their website 😕