Venice Hotels

tdavidson

This listing shows a few hotels that are right on the PRoma and a dozen more if you can manage your luggage over a small bridge. If you need an elevator be sure to inquire.

Most people will use a water bus/vaporetto to get to St Marks.   There is a water bus station near PRoma as it's on the Grand Canal

'How Many Bridges?' hotel listings for Piazzale Roma | Venice for Visitors (europeforvisitors.com)

Otherwise use the map feature on booking.com to limit your search to a specific area.

I was just there and stayed near Roma. Wish I had been closer to San Marco/rialto bridge. Seemed like there was more to do in that area and found myself over there quite often. However, the island is relatively small, so if you don’t mind walking, nothing to too far away!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at Sina Palazzo S. Angelo Hotel (a small lovely hotel) on the Grand Canal with the S. Angelo Vaporetto Station right at our front door.  Lovely hotel with the convenience of the Vaporetto right outside.  We highly recommend this hotel.  

40 minutes ago, many cruises said:

We stayed at Sina Palazzo S. Angelo Hotel (a small lovely hotel) on the Grand Canal with the S. Angelo Vaporetto Station right at our front door.  Lovely hotel with the convenience of the Vaporetto right outside.  We highly recommend this hotel.  

I also stayed at this hotel after extensive research. It basically offered everything I was looking for in a Venice hotel -- well located, small hotel with great transportation links, no bridges to cross with luggage, good breakfast and friendly service. Unfortunately it has gotten ever more pricey since my stay there in 2018.

I stayed one night at Hotel Rialto, right next to the bridge and in the thick of things. 

It was a nice enough place but do NOT book the smallest room type if you're a solo traveler.  The first room I was in, when using the 'facilities' my knees hit the wall.  I have zero idea how a man could do this without making a mess.  My room also had a bit of a musty smell so they changed my room to a larger one with a double bed and larger bathroom.  Still small but I could use everything inside.

That said, I left after one night (was supposed to be there for 3) as the room would not cool off enough and because of all the people seeing the bridge, the area was too crowded for me.  I switched to the JW Marriott which is on its own island, adding 20 minutes of time to get to San Marco (via complimentary private water shuttle)

I will say that whatever hotel you choose, look at google earth to see how to get there and how many bridges there are.  I chose Hotel Rialto as the water taxi dropped me of 25 steps (paces, not step steps) from the door.  The JW has a water taxi dock too, and arriving via water taxi is fab.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 7:19 PM, cruisemom42 said:

I also stayed at this hotel after extensive research. It basically offered everything I was looking for in a Venice hotel -- well located, small hotel with great transportation links, no bridges to cross with luggage, good breakfast and friendly service. Unfortunately it has gotten ever more pricey since my stay there in 2018.

thanks to your recommendation I booked this hotel for our upcoming trip. Can’t wait to experience being in Venice. 

• Like 1