Stay in FLL or head to Miami?

1025cruise

For me it depends on what time I fly in.  If I fly in later I just stay in FLL.  If I fly in earlier and there was something I really wanted to do in Miami, then I stay in Miami.  I do find FLL hotels cheaper and the area I stay a little calmer.

43 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Any issues getting transportation from a FLL hotel to Miami?

Lots of shuttle companies, and also uber/lyft.

We're doing this for our cruise in 4 weeks! Staying at Hyatt Place, Dania Beach. Free shuttle to the hotel from FLL.  Larry's Limos from the hotel to the port the following morning (based on reviews here and other sites).  

We also looking at coming into the FLL and cruising out of Miami. We are looking at flying in around 5pm and finding transportation the next day to Miami port. We also thought about taking a free shuttle from the motel back to airport if the cruise lines have transportion from airport FLL airport to the Miami cruise port the next day???

3 hours ago, Paula B said:

We also looking at coming into the FLL and cruising out of Miami. We are looking at flying in around 5pm and finding transportation the next day to Miami port. We also thought about taking a free shuttle from the motel back to airport if the cruise lines have transportion from airport FLL airport to the Miami cruise port the next day???

Most cruise lines have shuttle service from FLL to the port, but I would just book a private/shared shuttle from the hotel. Why take 2 transfers, when you can take 1 transfer?  It won't save money (it would cost more, unless maybe you're a solo traveler), and you have to go on their time, not your choice of time.

• Thanks 1