Oceania Riviera Views Insights Libations Live Extravaganza

ORV

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

I found out that sometimes it might be difficult to make comparisons to something we experienced 5-10 years ago. When something looks different, my wife always says "it's not the room, it's you" 😁

Isn't the inside room exactly the same size as all not suite rooms on R ships? Veranda on R ships might give an illusion of space because it's open, but it looks like exactly the same size (just different arrangement of the furniture).

the  A B & C cabins on the R ships  have a sofa & table   cozy  but  bigger than the insides  on O class   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

the  A B & C cabins on the R ships  have a sofa & table   cozy  but  bigger than the insides  on O class   

Not according to O website:

Regatta:

image.thumb.png.eeac82207276e8b392d525dd6aa16ca2.png

Riviera:

image.thumb.png.2f4098ac10bb778ba9a406e5950b9290.png

Maybe they can fit a sofa on R class because of different furniture arrangement?

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

Not according to O website:

Maybe they can fit a sofa on R class because of different furniture arrangement?

Possibly  but being in our friends inside cabin  I  did not see  that it was as roomy as  indicated above

Last night we had dinner in Jacques, and it was wonderful. I had the goat cheese soufflé, always one of my favorites, and last night was one of the best I’ve had, followed by French onion soup that was only ok, then the Iberico pork chop that was a credit to its reputation. One table mate had the Dover sole and compared it to the Dover sole previously had in toscano and preferred the Jacques version. Dessert was a variety, I had Choux Chantilly Cream, my wife had Mille Feuille, table mates had the all time favorite Jacques Apple Tart with vanilla ice cream and finally pistachio crème brûlée. Everyone was quite happy. Service was excellent. We got there at 6:30 and left at 8:20 

Just let me state that the reports of any degradation of Oceania’s food is completely counter to my current experience. This comes from 14 years of cruising with them. As we all know food taste is objective, this is my opinion and perception. 

Today is Kirkwall Orkney, we have a tour this afternoon and hope the sun comes out. Today is the first day that the weather has been the stereotypical Scottish weather, foggy and cool. At least I can wear the heavier shirt I brought today. 

Any questions about the Riviera feel fee to ask. I may or may not know the answer. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ORV said:

Just let me state that the reports of any degradation of Oceania’s food is completely counter to my current experience. This comes from 14 years of cruising with them. As we all know food taste is objective, this is my opinion and perception. 

This was our experience as well. 3 cruises after Covid, food was between very good and outstanding on all of them.

• Like 2

Hi ORV!

We were on the Riviera for the 2 cruises (BTB) before yours. We got off in Southampton as you were getting on.

As you probably know by now but worth explaining for others, HH is from 5-6 in 3 bars: Martinis, Grand, and upstairs in the Horizons Bar. Horizons also has a 10:30-11:30 HH for those that stay up late!) We found the food to be extremely good: both the quality and the variety. Having all you can eat lobster tails in the Terrace Cafe buffet is unreal!

I need to tell you not to miss the O singers and dancers show called "The World Beat". (Different from the one called "What the World Needs Now.") It was on the 2nd last night of both of our cruises. Sit up front to see the leg work of the performers using sticks. We've never seen anything like it. The costumes alone are worth seeing. If I could ask a favor: if you get a chance, please say Hi to one of the male singers, Wyatt, from Loretta and Jan. He sings "Bring Him Home" from Les Miz on Broadway night. He also staffs some of the on-board activities.

Let me know if you have any Riviera questions. We did a 20 day Riviera cruise to the Caribbean in February/March and this past 20 day to France/Spain.

Have fun!

Loretta

15 hours ago, harlor said:

Hi ORV!

We were on the Riviera for the 2 cruises (BTB) before yours. We got off in Southampton as you were getting on.

As you probably know by now but worth explaining for others, HH is from 5-6 in 3 bars: Martinis, Grand, and upstairs in the Horizons Bar. Horizons also has a 10:30-11:30 HH for those that stay up late!) We found the food to be extremely good: both the quality and the variety. Having all you can eat lobster tails in the Terrace Cafe buffet is unreal!

I need to tell you not to miss the O singers and dancers show called "The World Beat". (Different from the one called "What the World Needs Now.") It was on the 2nd last night of both of our cruises. Sit up front to see the leg work of the performers using sticks. We've never seen anything like it. The costumes alone are worth seeing. If I could ask a favor: if you get a chance, please say Hi to one of the male singers, Wyatt, from Loretta and Jan. He sings "Bring Him Home" from Les Miz on Broadway night. He also staffs some of the on-board activities.

Let me know if you have any Riviera questions. We did a 20 day Riviera cruise to the Caribbean in February/March and this past 20 day to France/Spain.

Have fun!

Loretta

If I talk to Wyatt I’ll let  him know. 

Nothing new to report yet, we’re in Ullapool today and are planning to get off the ship after laundry. I wish we got Big O points for that. Weather is going to be in the upper 70’s and sunny ☀️ today. We’ve been so lucky with weather this cruise. 

• Like 2

On 6/17/2023 at 1:11 PM, harlor said:

Hi ORV!

Have fun!

Loretta

We were on that cruise as well (Barcelona to Southampton). Good food and agree that the show you referenced is not to be missed.  Such incredible dancing!

Just a couple of reports from the repeaters party. This is approximately the amounts as I didn’t write it down, and alcohol was involved but it’s close. Sioux, the OCA said there was about 375 first timers onboard. I would attribute this to the large number of alumni groups onboard. There are about 450 people between 2-5 cruises at the Blue level, around 100 something Bronze, with the balance being silver gold and platinum. There was one couple just hit President’ Club level. 

I was told it’s a really full ship with only 16 empty cabins. 

We’re at Oban today and finally have rain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ORV said:

Just a couple of reports from the repeaters party. This is approximately the amounts as I didn’t write it down, and alcohol was involved but it’s close. Sioux, the OCA said there was about 375 first timers onboard. I would attribute this to the large number of alumni groups onboard. There are about 450 people between 2-5 cruises at the Blue level, around 100 something Bronze, with the balance being silver gold and platinum. There was one couple just hit President’ Club level. 

I was told it’s a really full ship with only 16 empty cabins. 

We’re at Oban today and finally have rain. 

Please do say hi to Sioux from the “Flatbush Flyer.”

10 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Please do say hi to Sioux from the “Flatbush Flyer.”

Will do. Had dinner with her last night and had a great time. 

In Killybegs Ireland today which was a replacement for Holyhead Wales. The substitution was announced a couple of weeks before the cruise so it wasn’t a complete surprise. We made all other ports and have no shortened days other than what was originally announced. 

The fruit has been excellent this cruise, I’ve had blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, mango, melons etc and they’ve been good. No shortage of any jams or jellies. 

Today is the last day of this cruise, weather looks fair today, but it might rain.  

The internet has worked rather well this trip. About as good as I ever remember. 

We’re off on a tour of Killybegs today, then back to pack, complicated by a specialty tonight. What idiot does that? I actually had no choice as I had previously messed up on the specialty reservations and had to adjust them to be able to eat early. 

We took a tour of the country side and stopped at Leo’s Tavern for an Irish Coffee which was a nice surprise. It is in Donegal and the Owner is the son of Leo and the brother of the singer Enya, also related to the band Clannad. Lots of interesting pictures on the walls. 

• Like 1

So our bus just sideswiped a car on a narrow Irish road. They exchanged information, don’t know who was at fault. We’re stopped in front of Daniel O’Donnell’s house. He performs in the town I just moved from. 

Did I mention that the internet was probably better than it’s ever been on an Oceania cruise?

I’ll give some final thoughts in a day or so, currently on the second of three flights back. So far so good. Seems we left Belfast 20 hours ago, but Teresa says about 16. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 2