Davina/Seaside/Seaview

NCteacherlovescruising

We sailed Europa and enjoyed it. Thought it was a little too big for us, as we were on a smaller ship previously. We are sailing on the Seaview this september though, so looking forward to that.

• Like 1

Divina's YC restaurant is located in the aft section of the ship and it's totally separate from the rest of the YC area.  We enjoyed the evening strolls from our YC cabin on Divina's sister ship Fantasia to the YC restaurant.  Something to keep in mind if you want all of the YC areas to be at one location.

We just got off Divina last week, it was a short cruise to sanity check our decision move away from Celebrity to Yacht Club on MSC...

... the result is we are booked to be back on Divina in the Yacht Club next year...

If you are comparing Divina to the other ships on your list, as mentioned above, the YC restaurant being at the back of the ship, while the rest of YC is at the front, but we also enjoyed the stroll along deck 7 as a little light exercise.

Also the speciality restaurants are not really a step up from the YC restaurant and they have a Pizza venue rather than the more popular Mexican restaurant on the larger ships.

We loved the ship and the service aspects of YC though, way better than the Retreat.

On 6/12/2023 at 2:54 PM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Pros/cons of each compared to one another.  Looking at possibly canceling X and booking a 7 night Rome to Rome next summer, if YC blows me away.  I do like the Celebrity itinerary better, but it would free up a few thousand to explore some areas by land.

I moved a trip over 2023 Christmas/NYE on the Beyond AQ and am going on a b2b on the YC Divina at the same time.  Substantial savings.  I moved my X cruise to the Reflection for 2024.  Much cheaper.  I was going to book something anyway so in my book it was a win win.  I decided after doing AQ that it wasn't for me as I wasn't a fan of Blu.  Probably the only person in the world but when you don't eat seafood or nuts, and have to order off of MDR menu, you say to yourself, what was the point of staying in AQ?

12 hours ago, RBrowny said:

We sailed Europa and enjoyed it. Thought it was a little too big for us, as we were on a smaller ship previously. We are sailing on the Seaview this september though, so looking forward to that.

We now have it down to the Europa or Seaview, mostly because of itinerary. 

11 hours ago, Selion said:

Divina's YC restaurant is located in the aft section of the ship and it's totally separate from the rest of the YC area.  We enjoyed the evening strolls from our YC cabin on Divina's sister ship Fantasia to the YC restaurant.  Something to keep in mind if you want all of the YC areas to be at one location.

While having it all together would be nice, that wouldn’t be a deal breaker. 

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

We just got off Divina last week, it was a short cruise to sanity check our decision move away from Celebrity to Yacht Club on MSC...

... the result is we are booked to be back on Divina in the Yacht Club next year...

If you are comparing Divina to the other ships on your list, as mentioned above, the YC restaurant being at the back of the ship, while the rest of YC is at the front, but we also enjoyed the stroll along deck 7 as a little light exercise.

Also the speciality restaurants are not really a step up from the YC restaurant and they have a Pizza venue rather than the more popular Mexican restaurant on the larger ships.

We loved the ship and the service aspects of YC though, way better than the Retreat.

Glad to hear you liked it better than the retreat. We won’t decide until we take our cruise on the 25th. 

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

I moved a trip over 2023 Christmas/NYE on the Beyond AQ and am going on a b2b on the YC Divina at the same time.  Substantial savings.  I moved my X cruise to the Reflection for 2024.  Much cheaper.  I was going to book something anyway so in my book it was a win win.  I decided after doing AQ that it wasn't for me as I wasn't a fan of Blu.  Probably the only person in the world but when you don't eat seafood or nuts, and have to order off of MDR menu, you say to yourself, what was the point of staying in AQ?

My last cruise, in December, was in Aqua. While I did enjoy Blu, I wouldn’t pay a lot more for aqua.