How smooth is the Millennium? (Cabin location)

zitsky

10 hours ago, zitsky said:

I don’t know who you’re talking to, but I haven’t hopped anywhere since I was a kid.

Not to worry, skipping and jumping will still get your there....just a little more slowly.  That is, of course, unless you subscribe to Zeno's Paradox.

35 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

Not to worry, skipping and jumping will still get your there....just a little more slowly.  That is, of course, unless you subscribe to Zeno's Paradox.

You mean take an infinite number of half steps that never get you to your destination?

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

You do understand that all that metal work you see is related strictly to boarding, and will not be there once you sail?

No I do not understand that all that metal work I see is related strictly to boarding and will not be there once I sail.

I have seen videos that APPEAR to show the ship moving with metal structures one deck below the balcony.

I understand there are lifeboats below deck 6 and there must be mechanisms to move them which are visible at deck 6.

I prefer to not see equipment right below me.  Because of the different design I had a Sky Suite on the Beyond and didn’t see equipment directly below.

Edited by zitsky

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

You mean take an infinite number of half steps that never get you to your destination?

ding, ding, ding....we have a winner! So in theory, no matter how many hops, skips and/or jumps you take, you'll never get to the damned (beautiful) bar!  Which is why I always get the in-room bar set up.  

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I prefer to not see equipment right below me.  Because of the different design I had a Sky Suite on the Beyond and didn’t see equipment directly below.

If this is a hard and fast rule and you want to sail in a Sky Suite, then I would recommend a class of Celebrity ships other than Millennium.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

If this is a hard and fast rule and you want to sail in a Sky Suite, then I would recommend a class of Celebrity ships other than Millennium.  

I have.

If Celebrity were smart they would advertise that Sky Suite passengers get to play on the monkey bars below their balcony.

I think my partner isn’t bothered as much as I am.

I do like the suite experience even on the Millennium.  Of course we’ll talk it over.

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

No I do not understand that all that metal work I see is related strictly to boarding and will not be there once I sail.

I have seen videos that APPEAR to show the ship moving with metal structures one deck below the balcony.

I understand there are lifeboats below deck 6 and there must be mechanisms to move them which are visible at deck 6.

Understood.  But much of what was shown in the picture, which is what I was referencing, was the gangway and it's surrounding structures.  I don't care for Deck 6 either.  I spend a lot of time on my balcony and while not all of it is looking down, I much prefer a higher floor so as not to have any vision interference.

13 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Understood.  But much of what was shown in the picture, which is what I was referencing, was the gangway and it's surrounding structures.  I don't care for Deck 6 either.  I spend a lot of time on my balcony and while not all of it is looking down, I much prefer a higher floor so as not to have any vision interference.

@phoenix_dream Are you referring to post #19?

Well maybe someone can clue me in as to whether all the Sky Suites have equipment below them or just some?  I would think they all do.  I’ll look at the picture again.

Edited by zitsky

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

Well maybe someone can clue me in as to whether all the Sky Suites have equipment below them or just some?  I would think they all do.  I’ll look at the picture again.

I had 6132 on Connie.  I actually take notes on all my cabins as I sail a lot and what to remember which I like.  I do not remember any visual obstructions on the balcony, nor did I record any.  So perhaps it is only some of them.  Mine was on the hump, which might explain why no lifeboats below?

I did some more research and have a hold on 6116.  It’s not technically midship.  Just a little farther back.  Close to mid ship elevators.  But based on this thread I should be ok, as far as motion, yes?

I also saw 6101 midship.  Should be quiet but comments on the cabin spreadsheet suggest next door 6099 might be noisy.  And on a sister ship there was a light bothering pax.

Edited by zitsky

30 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I did some more research and have a hold on 6116.  It’s not technically midship.  Just a little farther back.  Close to mid ship elevators.  But based on this thread I should be ok, as far as motion, yes?

I also saw 6101 midship.  Should be quiet but comments on the cabin spreadsheet suggest next door 6099 might be noisy.  And on a sister ship there was a light bothering pax.

6101 is above the smoking area , also they have music playing out there 24/7 

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

6101 is above the smoking area , also they have music playing out there 24/7 

Ok thanks.  What venue is over there playing music?  Smoke is a no go for us.  I think we’ll go with 6116.  Easy cabin to remember.

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ok thanks.  What venue is over there playing music?  Smoke is a no go for us.  I think we’ll go with 6116.  Easy cabin to remember.

It was speakers out on the deck , I guess they played music for the smokers 

This was back in 2019 on the infinity October TA , could be different now 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

2 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

It was speakers out on the deck , I guess they played music for the smokers 

This was back in 2019 on the infinity October TA , could be different now 

Backing away from the cigarette area…….