Noon Flight From BWI Too Tight?

cadoocrazy

43 minutes ago, cadoocrazy said:

Is a noon departure from BWI following our cruise that ends at Baltimore considered too tight? The next flight leaves at 5 pm, which would make for a long wait.

Opinions?

It's doable. BWI is small and is only about 15-20 minutes from the cruise port. 

2 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

It's doable. BWI is small and is only about 15-20 minutes from the cruise port. 

And the ships that dock in Baltimore are necessarily on the small side, which seems to make things move faster.

On a related note, best (speed/cost/quality) transfer from port to BWI? My short research says Uber/Lyft is the best choice over shuttle, taxi or light-rail. Obviously, given this thread’s topic, I’d want the reliably fastest transfer.

Appreciate the reassurances thus far - please keep those opinions coming. Thanks.

1 hour ago, cadoocrazy said:

On a related note, best (speed/cost/quality) transfer from port to BWI? My short research says Uber/Lyft is the best choice over shuttle, taxi or light-rail. Obviously, given this thread’s topic, I’d want the reliably fastest transfer.

Your research is accurate. Taxis in Baltimore are abominable and shuttles take forever. Uber is the best blend of quality/speed/cost. 

On 6/14/2023 at 11:07 AM, princeton123211 said:

Your research is accurate. Taxis in Baltimore are abominable and shuttles take forever. Uber is the best blend of quality/speed/cost. 

I found Lyft to be convenient and reasonably priced as well. I took a taxi from the airport to my hotel - it was certainly convenient (the was a long line of cabs), but it was both not very nice and expensive. But given my suitcase got absolutely drenched between getting off the plane and getting to the luggage carousel, it was worth it for me to just go out the door and into a cab.

8 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Agree-- I sort of use Uber like I use the word Kleenex. Lyft works great in Baltimore and can be less expensive than Uber sometimes. 

Totally. I use whichever is cheapest and/or fastest.

On 6/14/2023 at 11:07 AM, princeton123211 said:

That is my memory - for some reason Baltimore taxis - in all of the of the dozen or so times I’ve used them over the years - have struck me as poorly maintained, unclean, and often foul smelling — what is it about Baltimore taxis?  

Compared to other cities locals do not use taxis so there are not a lot of them.  Sometimes there are limo drivers waiting at the port looking for riders.  Once our Uber driver could not get into the port since he had a fare on the next cruise and they were holding incoming traffic until the parking lot cleared out a little.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who answered my original question and the associated airport transfer question. A fare price drop allowed us to switch back to our original plans, so we’re now booked on a flight that leaves at 3 PM. Thus, we won’t be following up here with the actual results of a Noon departure. Thanks again!

• 8 months later...
On 3/10/2024 at 3:57 PM, familycruising4ever said:

I'm in the same predicament, if we can't make an 11:30am flight home we'll have to sit at the airport for a5:30pm flight 🫣

I took the Royal Caribbean shuttle to BWI, and was there by a little after 9:00 am - I think you should probably be okay with a 11:30, particularly if you do self assist and take a cab (and probably even if you didn't).