When you cruise to a different country, do you get your passport stamped?

thermal

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 8:26 PM, thermal said:

I know this may seem trivial, but I love getting my passport stamped on the rare occasions I travel to different countries. 

Q: When you take a cruise to a different country, do you get your passport stamped like you would when flying in?  

Thank you kindly. 

This depends on what country you are from and where you are entering. You only usually get stamps when you apply for a visa which is either done ahead of time or at the port of entry. Coming from Canada as a tourist chances are you'll almost never get stamped. I travel on business often so I get stamps but not when travelling on cruises for fun.

If someone where travelling on a less trusted passport they are more likely to get stamps.

Also for random knowledge to a fellow Canadian, if you fill your passport with stamps you actually have to pay full price for a new one.🙄

6 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:if you fill your passport with stamps you actually have to pay full price for a new one.

Good advice - there are better souvenirs than unnecessary stamps which eat up time obtaining and fill your passport requiring an unnecessary (and somewhat expensive) early replacement.

On 6/14/2023 at 1:59 PM, Markanddonna said:

Almost never, esp in Israel where they give you an ID card to carry so your passport is not tracked by other countries who hate Israel.

Many moons ago I visited Rhodesia... as was ... I was asked if I wanted my passport stamping and was told that if I did then there was a probability that many African States would refuse me entry.

I did 😄 But never tested the theory.