Military and shareholders OBC no longer combinable soon.

HaveDogWillTravel

30 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

We've got only 2 future cruises booked & haven't sent in the request for stock OBC yet. Today is the day. 

Oh, I realize it's easy to put the stock account in my name only but I think I'll wait it out until others have posted their experiences after June 29th.  

It shouldn't be necessary but you'll never know with Princess. 

Same here….although right now it’s only in hubby’s name, I’m not even going to bother switching to mine if they decide to make it a per cabin limit. 

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Why would anyone buy the package at over 77 per day when they can get Plus for 60?  I’m not a solo cruiser, but does buying Plus as a solo also increase the single supplement from what it would be without Plus, or just the base fare?

That is not what I said. The average on board spend last quarter was 77 dollars per person. If someone buys a package the cost of the package by itself would account for the majority of that amount. That just shows why there is the focus on packages.

Even though we do buy excursions, my wife usually buys a pass to the enclave. a lot of that is paid for by obc.  Other onboard expenses are covered by Elite benefits. On average I would estimate our onboard spend to be maybe $25 per day each at a maximum and a lot of that is paid by obc.

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Same here….although right now it’s only in hubby’s name, I’m not even going to bother switching to mine if they decide to make it a per cabin limit. 

I just emailed my requests today. We still have our stock in joint names but I'm ready to change it as soon as I hear people have been denied credit. 😉

34 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I just emailed my requests today. We still have our stock in joint names but I'm ready to change it as soon as I hear people have been denied credit. 😉

I do not believe that you will need to change ownership if it is jointly owned. You just to need to show ownership by the person that is applying. You just need to make sure you apply in the name of the person that does not get the veterans benefit.

26 minutes ago, ldtr said:

I do not believe that you will need to change ownership if it is jointly owned. You just to need to show ownership by the person that is applying. You just need to make sure you apply in the name of the person that does not get the veterans benefit.

Sent our ownership in with DW's name highlighted and it was applied to her account.

• Like 3

I sent one email Wednesday for both of my cruises on the Sun (5/7 b2b). Got my SOBC for the 5 day but not the 7 day. I'll request the 7 day again Monday and see what happens. A while back I sent one email for my b2b this October and an April cruise in 2024. All 3 showed up within a day. 

33 minutes ago, ldtr said:

That's exactly what I did.

Why do they make it so hard. 😠

38 minutes ago, ldtr said:

I wonder if they will accept the share's beneficiary. My CCL stock is in my IRA so I can't transfer it to my wife or make her co-owner.  (Just kidding - I already know that they won't allow it.)

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We've got only 2 future cruises booked & haven't sent in the request for stock OBC yet. Today is the day. 

Oh, I realize it's easy to put the stock account in my name only but I think I'll wait it out until others have posted their experiences after June 29th.  

It shouldn't be necessary but you'll never know with Princess. 

I think people should think about how ownership changes could affect your investments and future estate planning. I live in Canada and I have an investment advisor and an accountant that I would check with before I made any changes. There are other reasons to keep the stock than the OBC it provides. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

Until I’ve read about onboard experiences after 9/12, I won’t be fully convinced about how the policy change will be implemented.

While we will not be able to be certain about if prior approvals will grandfathered until then.  We should have clarity on the process after June 29th. At that point we should see what is and isn't approved on new applications.

15 minutes ago, ldtr said:

While we will not be able to be certain about if prior approvals will grandfathered until then.  We should have clarity on the process after June 29th. At that point we should see what is and isn't approved on new applications.

We have 2 cruises (2024 & 2025) that we’re booked many months ago with SOBC in my name & after 6/29 will see if they remain.

Although not until after 9/12 will we learn if passengers post that grandfathered SOBC was actually available. We’d have time to reissue the SOBC in my wife’s name for our jointly owned CCL shares if that’s necessary. I don’t fully trust Princess to provide as stated such as those who recently paid for the coffee plans who learned onboard that it had been eliminated without any notification.

I feel that Princess won’t be promoting the change to SOBC & MOBC not being combinable so details may be difficult to receive & that onboard experiences will be best although standardization is sometimes lacking with Princess.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We have 2 cruises (2024 & 2025) that we’re booked many months ago with SOBC in my name & after 6/29 will see if they remain.

Although not until after 9/12 will we learn if passengers post that grandfathered SOBC was actually available. We’d have time to reissue the SOBC in my wife’s name for our jointly owned CCL shares if that’s necessary. I don’t fully trust Princess to provide as stated such as those who recently paid for the coffee plans who learned onboard that it had been eliminated without any notification.

I feel that Princess won’t be promoting the change to SOBC & MOBC not being combinable so details may be difficult to receive & that onboard experiences will be best although standardization is sometimes lacking with Princess.

How have you got SOBC agree already for cruises into 2025? That's beyond the date in the last shareholders benefit release.

10 minutes ago, rosevew said:

How have you got SOBC agree already for cruises into 2025? That's beyond the date in the last shareholders benefit release.

We've already gotten ours for two cruises in 2024 and 1 in 2025.

8 minutes ago, whitecap said:

We've already gotten ours for two cruises in 2024 and 1 in 2025.

How odd the benefits statement says 'The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2024' so those processing it in the USA seem to be ignoring that little fact.

3 minutes ago, rosevew said:

How odd the benefits statement says 'The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2024' so those processing it in the USA seem to be ignoring that little fact.

Attached is the form I use and there is no such date on it.  Not sure what form you are looking at.

Princess Shareholder Form

8 minutes ago, whitecap said:

Attached is the form I use and there is no such date on it.  Not sure what form you are looking at.

Princess Shareholder Form 301 B · 1 download

That file won't open but if it's the Carnival Corporation & plc shareholders benefit request form, that one states at the bottom that shre certificates and brokerage statements should be dated no more than 3 months prior to cruise date. The one I'm refering to is page 3 of the Carnival Corp annual report where it details what has been agreed as shareholders benefits.

Carnival.jpg

shareholders.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, whitecap said:

Princess Shareholder Form 301 B · 5 downloads

Each year the CCL board votes and extends the date for which the shareholder benefit is authorized.  It is not shown on the application, but is usually on the web site where the details of the benefit across all of the various brands is presented.

Different lines treat it differently.  Princess for example tends to treat it pretty loosely even past the current authorized dates.  P&O UK sticks to the authorized to date pretty strictly.

4 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Each year the CCL board votes and extends the date for which the shareholder benefit is authorized.  It is not shown on the application, but is usually on the web site where the details of the benefit across all of the various brands is presented.

Different lines treat it differently.  Princess for example tends to treat it pretty loosely even past the current authorized dates.  P&O UK sticks to the authorized to date pretty strictly.

In the UK Princess won't process it outside of the 90 days.

5 minutes ago, rosevew said:

That file won't open but if it's the Carnival Corporation & plc shareholders benefit request form, that one states at the bottom that shre certificates and brokerage statements should be dated no more than 3 months prior to cruise date. The one I'm refering to is page 3 of the Carnival Corp annual report where it details what has been agreed as shareholders benefits.

Carnival.jpg

shareholders.jpg

Same document I attached minus the first page.  I have only ever used the actual "request form" and it has always been accepted very shortly after submission, regardless of the date of the cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rosevew said:

Ever since Princess began to require pre-payment for tours many years ago they have immediately processed SOBC requests for all booked cruises. 

I just noticed you’re in the UK which sadly uses different criteria than in the USA.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rosevew said:

In the UK Princess won't process it outside of the 90 days.

P&O UK on the other hand just  mine for a cruise in late October.  They would not approve it prior to the board authorizing the benefit for this next year, but they did right after that board meeting.

Princess in the US on the other hand has approved beyond that current authorization date.  They also started ignoring the 90 day limit a few years ago when they started to require excursions purchased in advance to be paid for at time of ordering them.  In response to the pushback from those that wanted to use OBC for those excursions they started approving the share holder benefit whenever it was applied for an existing booking no matter how far out.

It all varies line by line.

On 6/22/2023 at 3:48 PM, wec931 said:

Basically Princess Cruise line is saying that being a veteran is valued as same as someone who owns 100 shares of stock. They owe a great apology for those who have sacrificed for their country.  

Not really.  Look what Holland offers.. only $100 regardless of length.  Apology?  For what?  They are giving money to a vet.

• Like 1