RCL vs Princess

On 7/21/2023 at 5:06 AM, Cruise a holic said:

IMO RC wins hands down.  We found Princess to be plain vanilla-  We were not impressed at all by the food choices, including the specialty restaurants, the service , entertainment and overall ship.  The Crown and Caribbean princess were very crowded also- no longer for us.  We stick to Royal Oasis class and Celebrity S and E class ships.

I suspect that you may have hit on an important distinction. To some (including me), on an Alaskan cruise, the scenery outside the ship and the associated talks and other related features are way more important than things like the food and entertainment. To others, the opposite may be true. Neither is right or wrong...just different priorities. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

With Princess, it's not just about the cruise. It's also about their lodges and the train ride.

That’s only if you purchase an additional land tour as well, correct? I can see that being a fantastic addition to the cruise.  something Royal doesn’t offer correct?

We did a day each at Mount Rainier and Olympic National Park before the cruise, both spectacular but I’m sure the land portions of Alaska are something amazing.

2 hours ago, time4u2go said:

With Princess, it's not just about the cruise. It's also about their lodges and the train ride.

I sailed Princess to Alaska and they did a great job.  But I booked the cruise last minute, and the land tours were sold out.  I was able to fairly easily duplicate a very nice land tour, which let me customize where I wanted to go and we rode on the train ride and stayed in the HAL lodge, which was really nice too.  Only downside to an independent land tour is you need to deal with your own luggage.