Most reliable way of getting from hotel to pier 91

Gillian123

I’m sure that uber will price surge. Do we get hotel to preorder taxi or should we order private car transfer… if so any ideas.

id rather not do a shuttle because that’s really reliant on too many things working well.

we are staying In embassy suites by Hilton downtown pioneer square 

thanks

Day of week?  Time of day?

I doubt the surge would hit just based on cruise traffic alone.  But if you're going during morning commute, all bets are off.

I'd start with Uber.  Otherwise have hotel call a cab.

We're staying the night prior to our Quantum August 21 cruise at the Fairfield Inn Downtown.  It's less than 3 miles to Pier 91.  Our cruise leaves on a Monday.  My plan is to just not worry about it.  The cost, no matter how we do it, should be minimal.  I usually just click onto both Lyft and Uber and pick whichever is less...but I would take a taxi if that works out as well.

A small consideration about transportation is that taxis can drop directly in front of the cruise terminal at Pier 91. Ride share such as Uber/Lyft drop ¼ mile away where you transfer to a shuttle to the terminal.  You can also walk.  Yellow Cab has an app like Uber/Lyft and can be scheduled in advance.     

3 hours ago, Glaciers said:

A small consideration about transportation is that taxis can drop directly in front of the cruise terminal at Pier 91. Ride share such as Uber/Lyft drop ¼ mile away where you transfer to a shuttle to the terminal.  You can also walk.  Yellow Cab has an app like Uber/Lyft and can be scheduled in advance.     

Interesting. We just used Uber last week, and they dropped us off directly in front of the cruise terminal - no walk or shuttle needed. We did use UberXL, so maybe that made a difference?

1 hour ago, linksgolf said:

Interesting. We just used Uber last week, and they dropped us off directly in front of the cruise terminal - no walk or shuttle needed. We did use UberXL, so maybe that made a difference?

This has been frequently reported. Drop off at the front of the terminal for Uber/Lyft seems to be at discretion of someone in traffic control near the entrance to the terminal area. @Ferry Watcher?

Yes, Uber/Lyft AFTER your cruise is at the lot away from the terminal. 

5 hours ago, linksgolf said:

I did read another thread that indicated only disembarking passengers needed to go to the ride share lot and embarking passengers were dropped by the terminal although the Port of Seattle site indicates both “drop off or pick up” at the dedicated rideshare lot away from the terminal. I walked to the terminal last year and saw folks who were just dropped at the ride share lot and were walking to the terminal who did not want to wait for the shuttle.

8 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

This has been frequently reported. Drop off at the front of the terminal for Uber/Lyft seems to be at discretion of someone in traffic control near the entrance to the terminal area. @Ferry Watcher?

Yes, Uber/Lyft AFTER your cruise is at the lot away from the terminal. 

This makes sense. For disembarkation, I noticed the Uber/Lyft pick up areas involved a walk. We waited in the taxi line instead since it was right in front of the terminal. The taxi line was long and a bit chaotic - people were jumping the line and some taxi drivers were encouraging this. A good amount of taxi drivers only wanted to pick up airport fares, and actively engaged people in line who wanted a ride to the airport, and encouraged them to jump the line. The whole taxi area wasn't the smoothest of operations. That said, everyone made it to where they needed to go eventually.